Last updated on June 25th, 2018 at 06:28 pm
You know those moments when you least expect to frequent the toilet. The aftermath is usually followed by weakness and loss of fluid from the body. So many things can cause diarrhea such as
Viral or bacterial infections can also cause gastroenteritis, sometimes called stomach flu. Gastroenteritis causes the stomach and intestines to become inflamed. These infections can be passed on by consuming contaminated food or being in close contact with an infected person.
Use ginger to get relief from persistent or occasional episodes of diarrhea.
Here is the recipe:
- Take a 1-inch piece of fresh ginger root and chop it into small pieces.
- Put this in a cup, pour boiling water over it, cover the cup, and let it infuse for 5 minutes.
- Drink the ginger tea after finishing your meal to prevent and treat the symptoms of diarrhea.
This is when your body can’t digest a certain food and it causes irritation to your digestive system. For example, if you have diarrhea after consuming dairy foods you may be lactose intolerant. The symptoms of food intolerance are nausea after eating, vomiting, stomach pain, and diarrhea, which can all occur within a few hours after eating. You can also eat some delicious carrot soup to help get rid of diarrhea if you have a food allergy or intolerance. One study found that carrot soup was an effective way to reduce episodes of diarrhea in infants.
Here is the recipe
- Wash, scrape and finely chop 500g carrots.
- Cook the carrots in a pressure cooker with 150 ml of water for 15 minutes.
- Strain the carrot soup to remove any fibre from the carrots.
- Dilute with up to 1-liter hot water.
- Eat the soup in small portions throughout the day when you are suffering from diarrhea to get rid of the symptoms.
Stress can be a trigger for diarrhea and could also be a reason why you have to run to the toilet after finishing a meal. If you are under stress and experience diarrhea after you finishing eating, you should try to make some lifestyle changes to manage your stress better.
Courtesy: Herbalist Whatsapp Group