Admission Requirement to Study Natural and Environmental Science including WAEC, NECO, GCE, JAMB UTME, Direct Entry, IJBM, JUPEB, CAMBRIDGE, NABTEB Subject Combinations, Course Description and Career Opportunities
To study this course in Nigeria Universities, you must fulfil the admission requirements which must include one or a combination of ‘O’ level results. This page will literally answer questions such as WAEC subject combination, JAMB UTME subject combination, Direct Entry requirements, Special consideration (waivers), Course description and the required documents for admission into Nigeria universities. And if you’re still having difficulties with getting admission in Nigeria, maybe it’s time you consider studying online or study abroad for free through scholarships
You must have Five credit in subjects needed to study Natural and Environmental Science in WAEC. This subject combination is also applicable to NECO AND GCE… The core O level that is the compulsory WAEC subject combinations for Natural and Environmental Science must include
- English Language
- Any other three subjects from Environmental Science, Biology, Chemistry Physics, Lit.-in-English, Govt., History, Economics, Geography, Further Maths, Technical Drawing, Visual Arts, Computer Studies, Information Technology, Civics, and French. Mathematics, plus any other subjects from the following; Chemistry, Physics, Environmental Science, Biology, Further Mathematics, Literature in English, Govt, History, Econs, Geography, Technical Drawing, Visual Arts, Computer Studies, Information Technology, Civics, and French.
- A trade subject
What is JAMB UTME subject combination (subjects needed) for Natural and Environmental Science?
You should aim for a score of 200 and above in JAMB UTME to be on a safe side. (Just an advice). If you score 180 and above in this recent JAMB UTME- All is well with you, but if your score is below 180, Please consider College or Polytechnic.. Don’t expect JAMB score upgrade. White collar Scammers are everywhere. JAMB is not the only option for admission. If you’re having troubles passing JAMB UTME maybe it’s time you pass through IJBM, JUBEB or Predegree. JAMB UTME subject combinations for Natural and Environmental Science are
- Any subject combination which includes Mathematics and any two of Environmental UTME Science, Biology, Chemistry, Physics, Literature in English, Government, History, Economics, Geography, Further Mathematics, Technical Drawing, Visual Arts, Computer Studies, Information Technology, Civics, and French
(i) A’ level passes chosen from English Language, Mathematics, Environmental Science, Biology Chemistry, Physics, Literature in English, Government, History, Economics, Geography, Further Mathematics, Technical Drawing, Visual Arts, Computer Studies, Information Technology, Civics, and French.
(iii) A level Cambridge
Just a reminder: Everything you have read so far is a general requirement, it is expedient that you also check the special consideration for this course below. If for some reasons you are not satisfied or cannot meet up with the subject combinations above, perhaps you should consider taking a look at Polytechnic or College of Education related course subject requirements. You can also study online with a foreign university right from your bedroom or apply for a scholarship to study abroad. Education is now a choice.
So now that you know the compulsory WAEC, JAMB subject combination for Natural and Environmental Science, (which is also applicable to NECO and GCE) as well as A level result/certificate. Do you know which Universities in Nigeria offer Natural and Environmental Science?
Before you make a decision on which University to choose, please consider
- The Fees
- The Distance
- The Environment
- The Degree Certificate
- Vulnerability to Strike
- Acceptable O level and A level Result
- Academic Calendar
[##]See useful guides on how to choose a course and university
According to 2017/2018 JAMB Brochure, only American University of Nigeria, Yola (AUN) offers Natural and Environmental Science (with options in:) (i) Environmental Health (ii) Conservation Biology
Course Description for Natural and Environmental Science:
We are still working on a number of things. We will add a description for this course later on. But if you’re willing to add a description, we will appreciate.
Where can I work with a Degree in Natural and Environmental Science?
Having a Degree in Natural and Environmental Science does not limit you to a particular work environment. Career opportunities will be added soon.
The general WAEC, NECO or GCE core subject combinations for Natural and Environmental Science have been listed above. Yet, some Universities may accept Pass in some a compulsory subject instead of Credit. And some may accept or reject two sittings. That is combinations of WAEC, NECO, or GCE results. You will know more when you take a look at the special consideration (waiver) for this course if available. Please take note that when you see Check, it simply means the special consideration for this course had been merge with a related course to save space. So it is advisable to click the link or search with the search bar.
- Requirements to Study Ecology and Environmental Studies
- Study Environmental Biology and Fisheries
- Requirement to Study Zoology and Environmental Biology
- Study Environmental Science and Technology
- WAEC, JAMB Subject Combinations for Environmental Science
- Requirements to Study Environmental Management – Under Science
- Requirements to Study Animal and Environmental Biology