O Level & A Level Requirement – Subject Combination for Industrial Chemistry; including the List of Nigeria Universities Offering the Course, WAEC, NECO, GCE, JAMB UTME, Direct Entry, IJBM, JUPEB, CAMBRIDGE, NABTEB, Course Description and Career Opportunities
- JAMB officially classified this course under Faculty/School/College of Science .
- Probable Degree type – (B.Sc. & B. Tech)
The admission requirement to study Industrial Chemistry in Nigeria Universities includes one or a combination of ‘O’ level results or A-level result if you’re going through Direct Entry. This page will literally answer questions such as WAEC subject combination, JAMB UTME subject combination, Direct Entry requirements, Special consideration (waivers), where you can work with the degree and the required documents for admission into Nigeria universities. If you’re still having difficulties with getting admission in Nigeria Universities, we have some post that may be of benefit to you.
What is O level/WAEC subject combination (requirement) for Industrial Chemistry?
The subjects needed to study Industrial Chemistry in WAEC must contain five (5) credit. This subject combination is also applicable to NECO AND GCE… The O level requirement that is the compulsory WAEC subject combination for Industrial Chemistry must include
- English Language
- Biology/Agric Science
- A trade subject
What is JAMB UTME subject combination (subjects needed) for Industrial Chemistry?
You should aim for a score of 180 – 200 and above in JAMB UTME to be on a safe side (Just an advice) because anything short of that may deny you of Admission/Post UTME. Of course, if you have a score below 180, you can consider College of Education or Polytechnic… Please note – JAMB is not the only option for admission. If you’re having troubles JAMB UTME maybe it’s time you pass through IJBM, JUBEB, ND or Predegree. JAMB UTME subject combination for Industrial Chemistry are
- Any of Physics/Biology/Agric Science
What is Direct Entry requirement (that is the required A-level result you need) to study Industrial Chemistry?
(i) Two ‘A’ level passes in Chemistry and Mathematics
(ii) OND in Science Technology or ND in relevant field with UTME requirements
Just a reminder: Everything you have read so far is a general requirement, it is expedient that you also check the special consideration for this course below. If for some reasons you are not satisfied or cannot meet up with the subject combination above, perhaps you should consider taking a look at Polytechnic or College of Education related course subject requirements. You can also study online with a foreign university right from your bedroom or apply for a scholarship to study abroad. Education is now a choice.
So now that you know the compulsory WAEC, JAMB subject combination for Industrial Chemistry, (which is also applicable to NECO and GCE) as well as A-level result/certificate.
Before you make a decision on which University to choose, please consider
- The Fees
- The Distance
- The Environment
- The Degree Certificate
- Vulnerability to Strike
- Acceptable O Level and A-level Result
- Academic Calendar
See useful guides on how to choose a course and university
List of Nigeria Universities offering Industrial Chemistry are
- Ambrose Alli University, Ekpoma
- Adekunle Ajasin University, Akungba
- Afe Babalola University, Ado-Ekiti – Ekiti State
- Achievers University, Owo
- Ajayi Crowther University, Ibadan (ACU) Click to read conditions
- Al-Hikmah University, Ilorin
- Bauchi State University, Gadau
- Bayero University, Kano Click to read conditions
- Bells University of Technology, Otta
- University of Benin (UNIBEN)
- ECWA Bingham University, New Karu
- Bowen University, Iwo
- Benue State University, Makurdi
- Caleb University, Lagos
- Caritas University, Enugu
- Covenant University Ota with options in i. Materials/Polymer Chemistry ii. Environmental/Analytical Chemistry)
- Crawford University Igbesa
- Chrisland University
- Delta State University, Abraka (DELSU) Click to read conditions
- Ebonyi State University, Abakaliki Click to read conditions
- Ekiti State University
- Enugu State University of Science and Technology, Enugu (ESUT)
- Federal University, Dutsin-Ma, Katsina (FUDUSOK)
- Federal University, Birnin Kebbi (FUBK)
- Federal University, Oye-Ekiti, Ekiti State
- Federal University, Wukari, Taraba State (FUWUKARI)
- Federal University of Petroleum Resources, Effurun (FUPRE)
- Federal University of Technology, Akure Click to read conditions
- Godfrey Okoye University, Ugwuomu-Nike – Enugu State
- Hallmark University, Ijebi Itele, Ogun
- University of Ibadan (UI) Click to read conditions
- University of Ilorin (UNILORIN) Click to read conditions
- Joseph Ayo Babalola University, Ikeji-Arakeji
- University of Jos (UNIJOS) Click to read conditions
- Kaduna State University, Kaduna (KASU) Click to read conditions
- Kola Daisi University Ibadan, Oyo State
- Kogi State University Anyigba
- Landmark University, Omu-Aran
- Madonna University, Okija
- Modibbo Adama University of Technology, Yola (MAUTY)
- Micheal & Cecilia Ibru University
- University of Mkar, Mkar
- Nile University of Nigeria, Abuja
- Obafemi Awolowo University,Ile-Ife (OAU)
- Obong University, Obong Ntak
- Oduduwa University, Ipetumodu – Osun State
- Olabisi Onabanjo University, Ago Iwoye
- Ondo State University of Science and Technology Okitipupa (OSUSTECH) Click to read conditions
- University of Port-Harcourt (UNIPORT)
- Redeemer’s University, Mowe
- Renaissance University, Enugu
- Samuel Adegboyega University, Ogwa Click to read conditions
- Tansian University, Umunya,
- Umar Musa Yar’ Adua University Katsina (UMYU)
- Hezekiah University, Umudike
- Osun State University Osogbo (UNIOSUN)
- Veritas University, Abuja Click to read conditions
- Wellspring University, Evbuobanosa – Edo State
- Western Delta University, Oghara Delta State
- Wesley University of Science & Technology, Ondo.
Where can I work with a Degree in Industrial Chemistry?
I believe you now know the subjects required to study Industrial Chemistry. I urge you to also find out where you can work with the degree. Please take your time to read The Act of Getting a Job – so you would know what you’re up against after graduating. Career opportunities will be added soon.
The SSCE O level and A-level subject needed to study Industrial Chemistry have been listed above. Yet, some Universities may accept D7 or E8 in some a compulsory subject instead of Credit. And some may accept or reject two sittings. That is combinations of WAEC, NECO, or GCE results. You will know more when you take a look at the special consideration (waiver) for this course if available. Please take note that when you see Check
, it simply means the special consideration for this course had been merge with a related course to save space. So it is advisable to click the link or search with the search bar.