O Level & A Level Requirement – Subject Combination for Biology including the List of Nigeria Universities Offering the Course, WAEC, NECO, GCE, JAMB UTME, Direct Entry, IJBM, JUPEB, CAMBRIDGE, NABTEB, Course Description and Career Opportunities
- JAMB officially classified this course under Faculty/School/College of Science .
- Probable Degree type – (B.Sc. & B. Tech)
The admission requirement to study this Biology in Nigeria Universities includes one or a combination of ‘O’ level results or A-level result if you’re going through Direct Entry. This page will literally answer questions such as WAEC subject combination, JAMB UTME subject combination, Direct Entry requirements, Special consideration (waivers), where you can work with the degree and the required documents for admission into Nigeria universities. If you’re still having difficulties with getting admission in Nigeria Universities, we have some post that may be of benefit to you.
What is O level/WAEC subject combination (requirement) for Biology?
The subjects needed to study Biology in WAEC must contain five (5) credit. This subject combination is also applicable to NECO AND GCE… The O level requirement that is the compulsory WAEC subject combination for Biology must include
- English Language
- A trade subject
What is JAMB UTME subject combination (subjects needed) for Biology?
You should aim for a score of 180 – 200 and above in JAMB UTME to be on a safe side (Just an advice) because anything short of that may deny you of Admission/Post UTME. Of course, if you have a score below 180, you can consider College of Education or Polytechnic… Please note – JAMB is not the only option for admission. If you’re having troubles JAMB UTME maybe it’s time you pass through IJBM, JUBEB, ND or Predegree. JAMB UTME subject combination (subject to write in jamb) for Biology are
- Physics or Mathematics.
What is Direct Entry requirement (that is the required A-level result you need) to study Biology?
(i) Two A, level passes from Chemistry, Biology, Botany/Zoology.
(ii) NCE accepted with at least merit level pass
Just a reminder: Everything you have read so far is a general requirement, it is expedient that you also check the special consideration for this course below. If for some reasons you are not satisfied or cannot meet up with the subject combination above, perhaps you should consider taking a look at Polytechnic or College of Education related course subject requirements. You can also study online with a foreign university right from your bedroom or apply for a scholarship to study abroad. Education is now a choice.
So now that you know the compulsory WAEC, JAMB subject combination for Biology, (which is also applicable to NECO and GCE) as well as A-level result/certificate.
Before you make a decision on which University to choose, please consider
- The Fees
- The Distance
- The Environment
- The Degree Certificate
- Vulnerability to Strike
- Acceptable O Level and A-level Result
- Academic Calendar
See useful guides on how to choose a course and university
List of Nigeria Universities offering Biology are
- University of Abuja, Gwagwalada
- Adamawa State University Mubi (ADSU)
- Afe Babalola University, Ado-Ekiti – Ekiti State (Human Biology)
- Anchor University Ayobo Lagos State
- Arthur Javis University Akpoyubo Cross River State
- Augustine University Click to read conditions
- Yobe State University, Damaturu
- Babcock University, Ilishan-Remo
- Bayero University, Kano Click to read conditions
- Baze University
- ECWA Bingham University, New Karu
- Clifford University Owerrinta Abia State
- Coal City University Enugu State
- Covenant University Ota
- Federal University of Technology, Akure with option in Storage Technology
- Crown Hill University Eiyenkorin, Kwara State
- Cross River State University of Science &Technology, Calabar (CRUTECH)
- Ebonyi State University, Abakaliki Edo University Iyamo
- Edwin Clark University, Kaigbodo
- Elizade University, Ilara-Mokin
- Enugu State University of Science and Technology, Enugu (ESUT)
- Evangel University, Akaeze
- Federal University, Kashere, Gombe State (FUKASHERE)
- Federal University, Birnin Kebbi (FUBK)
- Federal University Gashua, Yobe Umar Suleiman College of Education, Gashua
- Federal University, Dutsin-Ma, Katsina
- Federal University, Ndifu-Alike, Ebonyi State (FUNAI)
- Federal University, Otuoke, Bayelsa (FUOTUOKE) Click to read conditions
- Federal University, Wukari, Taraba State (FUWUKARI)
- Godfrey Okoye University, Ugwuomu-Nike – Enugu State
- Gregory University, Uturu
- Gombe State University, Gombe
- University of Ilorin (UNILORIN) Click to read conditions
- Sule Lamido University, Kafin Hausa, Jigawa (SLU)
- Kaduna State University, Kaduna (KASU) Click to read conditions
- Al-Qalam University, Katsina
- Kola Daisi University Ibadan, Oyo State
- Kebbi State University, Kebbi
- Kano University of Science & Technology, Wudil (KUST)
- Landmark University, Omu-Aran
- Ibrahim Badamasi Babangida University, Lapai (IBBU)
- Lead City University, Ibadan
- University of Mkar, Mkar
- Mountain Top University
- Northwest University Kano (NWU)
- Nile University of Nigeria, Abuja
- Nigeria Police Academy Wudil Click to read conditions
- Ritman University, Ikot Ekpene, Akwa Ibom
- Salem University, Lokoja Click to read conditions
- Sokoto State University
- Summit University
- Tansian University, Umunya
- Tai Solarin University of Education Ijebu Ode (TASUED) Click to read conditions
- Usumanu Danfodiyo University (UDUSOK)
- Umar Musa Yar’ Adua University Katsina (UMYU)
- Kings University, Ode Omu (UNIKINGS)
- Wellspring University, Evbuobanosa – Edo State.
Where can I work with a Degree in Biology?
I believe you now know the subjects required to study Biology. I urge you to also find out where you can work with the degree. Please take your time to read The Act of Getting a Job – so you would know what you’re up against after graduating. Career opportunities will be added soon.
The SSCE O level and A-level subject needed to study Biology have been listed above. Yet, some Universities may accept D7 or E8 in some a compulsory subject instead of Credit. And some may accept or reject two sittings. That is combinations of WAEC, NECO, or GCE results. You will know more when you take a look at the special consideration (waiver) for this course if available. Please take note that when you see Check
, it simply means the special consideration for this course had been merge with a related course to save space. So it is advisable to click the link or search with the search bar.