O Level & A Level Requirement – Subject Combination for Biological Science; including the List of Nigeria Universities Offering the Course, WAEC, NECO, GCE, JAMB UTME, Direct Entry, IJBM, JUPEB, CAMBRIDGE, NABTEB, Course Description and Career Opportunities
- JAMB officially classified this course under Faculty/School/College of Science .
- Probable Degree type – (B.Sc. & B. Tech)
The admission requirement to study Biological Science in Nigeria Universities includes one or a combination of ‘O’ level results or A-level result if you’re going through Direct Entry. This page will literally answer questions such as WAEC subject combination, JAMB UTME subject combination, Direct Entry requirements, Special consideration (waivers), where you can work with the degree and the required documents for admission into Nigeria universities. If you’re still having difficulties with getting admission in Nigeria Universities, we have some post that may be of benefit to you.
What is O level/WAEC subject combination (requirement) for Biological Science?
The subjects needed to study Biological Science in WAEC must contain five (5) credit. This subject combination is also applicable to NECO AND GCE… The O level requirement that is the compulsory WAEC subject combination for Biological Science must include
- English Language
- Any other Science subject
Just a reminder: Everything you have read so far is a general requirement, it is expedient that you also check the special consideration for this course below. If for some reasons you are not satisfied or cannot meet up with the subject combination above, perhaps you should consider taking a look at Polytechnic or College of Education related course subject requirements. You can also study online with a foreign university right from your bedroom or apply for a scholarship to study abroad. Education is now a choice.
So now that you know the compulsory WAEC, JAMB subject combination for Biological Science, (which is also applicable to NECO and GCE) as well as A-level result/certificate. Do you know which Universities in Nigeria offer Biological Science?
Before you make a decision on which University to choose, please consider
- The Fees
- The Distance
- The Environment
- The Degree Certificate
- Vulnerability to Strike
- Acceptable O Level and A-level Result
- Academic Calendar
See useful guides on how to choose a course and university
List of Nigeria Universities offering Biological Science are
- Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria
- Adeleke University Ede (AUE)
- Federal University of Agriculture, Abeokuta (FUNAAB) with options in: Botany & Zoology
- Bayero University, Kano with options in: Botany, Applied Biology, Microbiology and Zoology.
- University of Nigeria, Nsukka (UNN)
- Nnamdi Azikiwe University, Awka (UNIZIK)
- River State University of Science and Technology (RSUST) (offered as Applied Biology with option in Botany )
- Benue State University, Makurdi with options in: Biology.
- Yobe State University, Damaturu
- Niger Delta University Yenagoa (NDU) with options in Biology
- Federal University of Technology, Owerri (FUTO)
- Gombe State University, Gombe
- Godfrey Okoye University, Ugwuomu-Nike – Enugu State (with options in i. Biotechnology ii. Microbiology
- Cross River State University of Science &Technology, Calabar (CRUTECH) with options in: i). Biology ii. Microbiology
- Kaduna State University, Kaduna (KASU) Click to read conditions
- Kebbi State University, Kebbi
- Nigerian Defence Academy Kaduna (NDA) Click to read conditions
- Modibbo Adama University of Technology, Yola (MAUTY) (with options in ) i). Botany, (ii) Zoology
- Ondo State University of Science and Technology Okitipupa (OSUSTECH) (with options in: (i) Botany (ii) Zoology (iii) Industrial Microbiology
- Akwa Ibom State University of Technology, Uyo (offers the course with the following options) i. Botany ii. Microbiology iii. Genetics and Biotechnology iv. Zoology
- Ekiti State University
- Chukwuemeka Odumegwu Ojukwu University, Uli
- Veritas University, Abuja Click to read conditions
Where can I work with a Degree in Biological Science?
I believe you now know the subjects required to study Biological Science. I urge you to also find out where you can work with the degree. Please take your time to read The Act of Getting a Job – so you would know what you’re up against after graduating. Career opportunities will be added soon.
The SSCE O level and A-level subject needed to study Biological Science have been listed above. Yet, some Universities may accept D7 or E8 in some a compulsory subject instead of Credit. And some may accept or reject two sittings. That is combinations of WAEC, NECO, or GCE results. You will know more when you take a look at the special consideration (waiver) for this course if available. Please take note that when you see Check, it simply means the special consideration for this course had been merge with a related course to save space. So it is advisable to click the link or search with the search bar.
- WAEC, JAMB UTME Subject for Anthropology (Biological) – Under Science
- WAEC, JAMB UTME Subject Combinations for Applied Botany
- WAEC, JAMB Subject for Science Laboratory Technology
- WAEC, JAMB Subject for Biotechnology – Under Science
- WAEC, JAMB UTME Subject Combinations for Microbiology
- WAEC, JAMB UTME Subject Combinations for Zoology
- WAEC, JAMB UTME Subject for Marine Biology and Fisheries
- WAEC, JAMB UTME Subject Combination for Biology
- WAEC, JAMB Subject Combinations for Industrial Physics
- WAEC, JAMB UTME Subject Combination for Botany