Admission Requirement to Study Biological Science; including WAEC, NECO, GCE, JAMB UTME, Direct Entry, IJBM, JUPEB, CAMBRIDGE, NABTEB Subject Combinations, Course Description and Career Opportunities
To study this course in Nigeria Universities, you must fulfil the admission requirements which must include one or a combination of ‘O’ level results. This page will literally answer questions such as WAEC subject combination, JAMB UTME subject combination, Direct Entry requirements, Special consideration (waivers), Course description and the required documents for admission into Nigeria universities. And if you’re still having difficulties with getting admission in Nigeria, maybe it’s time you consider studying online or study abroad for free through scholarships
You must have Five credit in subjects needed to study Biological Science in WAEC. This subject combination is also applicable to NECO AND GCE… The core O level that is the compulsory WAEC subject combinations for Biological Science must include
Just a reminder: Everything you have read so far is a general requirement, it is expedient that you also check the special consideration for this course below. If for some reasons you are not satisfied or cannot meet up with the subject combinations above, perhaps you should consider taking a look at Polytechnic or College of Education related course subject requirements. You can also study online with a foreign university right from your bedroom or apply for a scholarship to study abroad. Education is now a choice.
So now that you know the compulsory WAEC, JAMB subject combination for Biological Science, (which is also applicable to NECO and GCE) as well as A level result/certificate. Do you know which Universities in Nigeria offer Biological Science?
Before you make a decision on which University to choose, please consider
- The Fees
- The Distance
- The Environment
- The Degree Certificate
- Vulnerability to Strike
- Acceptable O Level and A level Result
- Academic Calendar
See useful guides on how to choose a course and university
Nigeria Universities offering Biological Science are
- Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria
- Adeleke University Ede (AUE)
- Federal University of Agriculture, Abeokuta (FUNAAB) with options in: Botany & Zoology
- Bayero University, Kano with options in: Botany, Applied Biology, Microbiology and Zoology.
- University of Nigeria, Nsukka (UNN)
- Nnamdi Azikiwe University, Awka (UNIZIK)
- River State University of Science and Technology (RSUST) (offered as Applied Biology with option in Botany )
- Benue State University, Makurdi with options in: Biology.
- Yobe State University, Damaturu
- Niger Delta University Yenagoa (NDU) with options in Biology
- Federal University of Technology, Owerri (FUTO)
- Gombe State University, Gombe
- Godfrey Okoye University, Ugwuomu-Nike – Enugu State (with options in i. Biotechnology ii. Microbiology
- Cross River State University of Science &Technology, Calabar (CRUTECH) with options in: i). Biology ii. Microbiology
- Kaduna State University, Kaduna (KASU)
- Kebbi State University, Kebbi
- Nigerian Defence Academy Kaduna (NDA)
- Modibbo Adama University of Technology, Yola (MAUTY) (with options in ) i). Botany, (ii) Zoology
- Ondo State University of Science and Technology Okitipupa (OSUSTECH) (with options in: (i) Botany (ii) Zoology (iii) Industrial Microbiology
- Akwa Ibom State University of Technology, Uyo (offers the course with the following options) i. Botany ii. Microbiology iii. Genetics and Biotechnology iv. Zoology
- Ekiti State University
- Chukwuemeka Odumegwu Ojukwu University, Uli
- Veritas University, Abuja
Course Description for Biological Science:
We are still working on a number of things. We will add a description for this course later on. But if you’re willing to add a description, we will appreciate.
Where can I work with a Degree in Biological Science?
Having a Degree in Biological Science does not limit you to a particular work environment. Career opportunities will be added soon.
The general WAEC, NECO or GCE core subject combinations for Biological Science have been listed above. Yet, some Universities may accept Pass in some a compulsory subject instead of Credit. And some may accept or reject two sittings. That is combinations of WAEC, NECO, or GCE results. You will know more when you take a look at the special consideration (waiver) for this course if available. Please take note that when you see Check, it simply means the special consideration for this course had been merge with a related course to save space. So it is advisable to click the link or search with the search bar.&=
- Study Anthropology (Biological) – Under Science
- WAEC, JAMB Subject Combinations for Zoology
- WAEC, JAMB Subject Combinations for Applied Botany
- Study Science Laboratory Technology
- WAEC, JAMB Subject Combinations for Microbiology
- WAEC, JAMB Subject Combinations for Biology
- WAEC, JAMB Subject Combinations for Industrial Mathematics