O Level & A Level Requirement – Subject Combination for Anatomy; including the List of Nigeria Universities Offering the Course, WAEC, NECO, GCE, JAMB UTME, Direct Entry, IJBM, JUPEB, CAMBRIDGE, NABTEB, Course Description and Career Opportunities
- JAMB officially classified this course under Faculty/School/College of Medical, Pharmaceutical and Health Science.
- Probable Degree type – [M.B.B.S., MB.B.Ch.B., B.D.S., B.Ch.D., Pharm.B, B.SC]
The admission requirement to study Anatomy in Nigeria Universities includes one or a combination of ‘O’ level results or A-level result if you’re going through Direct Entry. This page will literally answer questions such as WAEC subject combination, JAMB UTME subject combination, Direct Entry requirements, Special consideration (waivers), where you can work with the degree and the required documents for admission into Nigeria universities. If you’re still having difficulties with getting admission in Nigeria Universities, we have some post that may be of benefit to you.
What is O level/WAEC subject combination (requirement) for Anatomy?
The subjects needed to study Anatomy in WAEC must contain five (5) credit. This subject combination is also applicable to NECO AND GCE… The O level requirement that is the compulsory WAEC subject combination for Anatomy must include:
- English Language
- A trade subject
What is JAMB UTME subject combination (subject needed) for Anatomy?
You should aim for a score of 180 – 200 and above in JAMB UTME to be on a safe side (Just an advice) because anything short of that may deny you of Admission/Post UTME. Of course, if you have a score below 180, you can consider College of Education or Polytechnic… Please note – JAMB is not the only option for admission. If you’re having troubles JAMB UTME maybe it’s time you pass through IJBM, JUBEB, ND or Predegree. JAMB UTME subject combination (subject to write in jamb) for Anatomy are
- Physics or Chemistry
What is Direct Entry requirement (that is the required A-level result you need) to study Anatomy?
Two ‘A’ level passes chosen from Biology, Chemistry and Physics in addition to UTME requirement.
Just a reminder: Everything you have read so far is a general requirement, it is expedient that you also check the special consideration for this course below. If for some reasons you are not satisfied or cannot meet up with the subject combination above, perhaps you should consider taking a look at Polytechnic or College of Education related course subject requirements. You can also study online with a foreign university right from your bedroom or apply for a scholarship to study abroad. Education is now a choice.
So now that you know the compulsory WAEC, JAMB subject combination for Anatomy, (which is also applicable to NECO and GCE) as well as A-level result/certificate. Do you know which Universities in Nigeria offer Anatomy?
Before you make a decision on which University to choose, please consider
- The Fees
- The Distance
- The Environment
- The Degree Certificate
- Vulnerability to Strike
- Acceptable O Level and A-level Result
- Academic Calendar
See useful guides on how to choose a course and university
List of Nigeria Universities offering Anatomy include:
- Ambrose Alli University, Ekpoma
- Afe Babalola University, Ado-Ekiti – Ekiti State
- Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria
- Chukwuemeka Odumegwu Ojukwu University, Uli
- Babcock University, Ilishan-Remo
- Bayero University, Kano Click to read conditions
- ECWA Bingham University, New Karu
- Bowen University, Iwo
- Benue State University, Makurdi
- Delta State University, Abraka (DELSU) Click to read conditions
- Ebonyi State University, Abakaliki Click to read conditions
- Federal University, Ndifu-Alike, Ebonyi State (FUNAI)
- Gregory University, Uturu
- Igbinedion University Okada
- University of Ilorin (UNILORIN) Click to read conditions
- University of Jos (UNIJOS) Click to read conditions
- Ladoke Akintola University of Technology, Ogbomoso (LAUTECH)
- Madonna University, Okija
- University of Maiduguri (UNIMAID)
- Northwest University Kano (NWU)
- Olabisi Onabanjo University, Ago Iwoye
- Ondo State University of Medical Sciences (OSUMS)
- University of Port-Harcourt (UNIPORT)
- Osun State University Osogbo (UNIOSUN)
- Nnamdi Azikiwe University, Awka (UNIZIK)
Course Description for Anatomy:
Another name for Anatomy is the human body. It is the study of organs functions, tissue structures in the human body, animals and other organisms. You were taught biology is secondary school right? Anatomy is the great grandfather of biology. Anatomy is a very good course to those who have a keen interest in science, particularly in human anatomy. Studying this course gives you an in-depth understanding of the structure and the function of the human body, animals and organism, their relationship and organization etc.. You will also learn oral and communication skills needed for research purpose. ..
Where can I work with a Degree in Anatomy?
I believe you now know the subjects required to study Anatomy. I urge you to also find out where you can work with the degree. Please take your time to read The Act of Getting a Job – so you would know what you’re up against after graduating. Career opportunities will be added when we revisit this page.
The SSCE O level and A-level subject needed to study Anatomy have been listed above but, some Universities may accept D7 or E8 in some a compulsory subject instead of Credit. And some may accept or reject two sittings. That is combinations of WAEC, NECO, or GCE results. You will know more when you take a look at the special consideration (waiver) for this course if available. Please take note that when you see Check, it simply means the special consideration for this course had been merge with a related course to save space. So it is advisable to click the link or search with the search bar.
- WAEC, JAMB Subject Combinations for Human Anatomy
- WAEC, JAMB UTME Subject Combination for Physiology
- WAEC, JAMB Subject for Optometry – Under Medicine
- WAEC, JAMB Subject Combinations for Veterinary Medicine
- WAEC, JAMB Subject Combinations for Pharmacy
- WAEC, JAMB Subject Combination for Nursing/Nursing Science
- WAEC, JAMB Subject for Dentistry and Dental Surgery
- WAEC, JAMB Subject Combinations for Medicine and Surgery
- WAEC, JAMB Subject Combinations for Public Health Technology
- WAEC, JAMB Subject for Medical Laboratory Science – Under Medicine