O Level & A Level Requirement – Subject Combination for Pharmacy including the List of Nigeria Universities Offering the Course, WAEC, NECO, GCE, JAMB UTME, Direct Entry, IJBM, JUPEB, CAMBRIDGE, NABTEB, Course Description and Career Opportunities
- JAMB officially classified this course under Faculty/School/College of Medical, Pharmaceutical and Health Science.
- Probable Degree type – [M.B.B.S., MB.B.Ch.B., B.D.S., B.Ch.D., Pharm.B, B.SC]
Pharmacy course last a minimum of Five years for UTME candidates and Four years for Direct Entry applicants. M.B.B.S. and B.D.S. last a minimum of Six years for UTME candidates and 5 years for Direct Entry applicants. Some Universities may accept holders of good degrees in relevant disciplines as Direct Entry candidates.
The admission requirement to study Pharmacy in Nigeria Universities includes one or a combination of ‘O’ level results or A-level result if you’re going through Direct Entry. This page will literally answer questions such as WAEC subject combination, JAMB UTME subject combination, Direct Entry requirements, Special consideration (waivers), where you can work with the degree and the required documents for admission into Nigeria universities. If you’re still having difficulties with getting admission in Nigeria Universities, we have some post that may be of benefit to you.
What is O level/WAEC subject combination (requirement) for Pharmacy?
The subjects needed to study Pharmacy in WAEC must contain five (5) credit. This subject combination is also applicable to NECO AND GCE… The O level requirement that is the compulsory WAEC subject combination for Pharmacy must include:
- English Language
- A trade subject
What is JAMB UTME subject combination (subject needed) for Pharmacy?
You should aim for a score of 180 – 200 and above in JAMB UTME to be on a safe side (Just an advice) because anything short of that may deny you of Admission/Post UTME. Of course, if you have a score below 180, you can consider College of Education or Polytechnic… Please note – JAMB is not the only option for admission. If you’re having troubles JAMB UTME maybe it’s time you pass through IJBM, JUBEB, ND or Predegree. JAMB UTME subject combination for Pharmacy are
What is Direct Entry requirement (that is the required A-level result you need) to study Pharmacy?
Three ‘A’ level passes in Chemistry, Biology/Zoology and Physics or Mathematics plus UTME Requirement.
Just a reminder: Everything you have read so far is a general requirement, it is expedient that you also check the special consideration for this course below. If for some reasons you are not satisfied or cannot meet up with the subject combination above, perhaps you should consider taking a look at Polytechnic or College of Education related course subject requirements. You can also study online with a foreign university right from your bedroom or apply for a scholarship to study abroad. Education is now a choice.
So now that you know the compulsory WAEC, JAMB subject combination for Pharmacy, (which is also applicable to NECO and GCE) as well as A-level result/certificate. Do you know which Universities in Nigeria offer Pharmacy?
Before you make a decision on which University to choose, please consider
- The Fees
- The Distance
- The Environment
- The Degree Certificate
- Vulnerability to Strike
- Acceptable O Level and A-level Result
- Academic Calendar
See useful guides on how to choose a course and university
List of Nigeria Universities offering Pharmacy include:
- Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria
- University of Benin (UNIBEN)
- Delta State University, Abraka (DELSU) Click to read conditions
- University of Ibadan (UI) Click to read conditions
- Igbinedion University Okada
- University of Ilorin (UNILORIN) Click to read conditions
- University of Jos (UNIJOS) Click to read conditions
- Kaduna State University, Kaduna (KASU) Click to read conditions
- University of Lagos (UNILAG)
- Madonna University, Okija
- University of Maiduguri (UNIMAID)
- Niger Delta University Yenagoa (NDU)
- Obafemi Awolowo University,Ile-Ife (OAU)
- Olabisi Onabanjo University, Ago Iwoye
- University of Port-Harcourt (UNIPORT)
- Usumanu Danfodiyo University (UDUSOK)
- Nnamdi Azikiwe University, Awka (UNIZIK)
- University of Nigeria, Nsukka (UNN)
- University of Uyo
- Gombe State University, Gombe
- Bayero University, Kano Click to read conditions
Course Description for Pharmacy:
Degree in pharmacy is designed and intended to prepare students for the profession of pharmacy. It goes deep into human healthcare, taking on roles relating to the design and development of new treatments, prescription, and care management, and advising on the range of medical options available. According to Britannica Encyclopedia Concise, Pharmacy is the science dealing with the collection, preparation, and standardization of drugs
Where can I work with a Degree in Pharmacy?
I believe you now know the subjects required to study Pharmacy. I urge you to also find out where you can work with the degree. Please take your time to read The Act of Getting a Job – so you would know what you’re up against after graduating. Career opportunities will be added when we revisit this page.
The SSCE O level and A-level subject needed to study Pharmacy have been listed above but, some Universities may accept D7 or E8 in some a compulsory subject instead of Credit. And some may accept or reject two sittings. That is combinations of WAEC, NECO, or GCE results. You will know more when you take a look at the special consideration (waiver) for this course if available. Please take note that when you see Check
, it simply means the special consideration for this course had been merge with a related course to save space. So it is advisable to click the link or search with the search bar.
- WAEC, JAMB Subject Combination for Pharmacology
- WAEC, JAMB Subject for Dentistry and Dental Surgery
- WAEC, JAMB Subject Combinations for Radiography
- WAEC, JAMB Subject Combinations for Biochemistry – Under Medicine
- WAEC, JAMB Subject Combinations for Medicine and Surgery
- WAEC, JAMB UTME Subject Combination for Anatomy
- WAEC, JAMB Subject Combinations for Veterinary Medicine
- WAEC, JAMB Subject for Medical Laboratory Science – Under Medicine
- WAEC, JAMB UTME Subject Combination for Physiology
- WAEC, JAMB Subject for Optometry – Under Medicine