Admission Requirement to Study Medical Laboratory Science – Under Medicine; including WAEC, NECO, GCE, JAMB UTME, Direct Entry, IJBM, JUPEB, CAMBRIDGE, NABTEB Subject Combinations, Course Description and Career Opportunities
To study this course in Nigeria Universities, you must fulfil the admission requirements which must include one or a combination of ‘O’ level results. This page will literally answer questions such as WAEC subject combination, JAMB UTME subject combination, Direct Entry requirements, Special consideration (waivers), Course description and the required documents for admission into Nigeria universities. And if you’re still having difficulties with getting admission in Nigeria, maybe it’s time you consider studying online or study abroad for free through scholarships
You must have Five credit in subjects needed to study Medical Laboratory Science in WAEC. This subject combination is also applicable to NECO AND GCE… The core O level that is the compulsory WAEC subject combinations for Medical Laboratory Science must include:
What is JAMB UTME subject combination (subject needed) for Medical Laboratory Science?
You should aim for a score of 200 and above in JAMB UTME to be on a safe side. (Just an advice). If you score 180 and above in this recent JAMB UTME- All is well with you, but if your score is below 180, Please consider College or Polytechnic.. Don’t expect JAMB score upgrade. White collar Scammers are everywhere. JAMB is not the only option for admission. If you’re having troubles passing JAMB UTME maybe it’s time you pass through IJBM, JUBEB or Predegree. JAMB UTME subject combinations for Medical Laboratory Science are
What is Direct Entry requirement (that is the required A level result you need) to study Medical Laboratory Science?
(i)Two ‘A’ level passes in Chemistry, Biology and Physics or Zoology
So now that you know the compulsory WAEC, JAMB subject combination for Medical Laboratory Science, (which is also applicable to NECO and GCE) as well as A level result/certificate. Do you know which Universities in Nigeria offer Medical Laboratory Science?
Before you make a decision on which University to choose, please consider
- The Fees
- The Distance
- The Environment
- The Degree Certificate
- Vulnerability to Strike
- Acceptable O Level and A level Result
- Academic Calendar
See useful guides on how to choose a course and university
Nigeria Universities offering Medical Laboratory Science are:
- Ambrose Alli University, Ekpoma
- Afe Babalola University, Ado-Ekiti – Ekiti State
- Abia State University, Uturu
- Achievers University, Owo
- Babcock University,Ilishan-Remo
- Bayero University, Kano
- University of Benin (UNIBEN)
- University of Calabar (UNICAL)
- Ebonyi State University, Abakaliki
- University of Ibadan (UI)
- Igbinedion University Okada
- University of Jos (UNIJOS)
- University of Lagos (UNILAG)
- Ladoke Akintola University of Technology, Ogbomoso (LAUTECH)
- Madonna University, Okija
- University of Maiduguri (UNIMAID)
- Niger Delta University Yenagoa (NDU)
- River State University of Science and Technology (RSUST)
- Usumanu Danfodiyo University (UDUSOK)
- Nnamdi Azikiwe University, Awka (UNIZIK)
- University of Nigeria, Nsukka (UNN)
Course Description for Medical Laboratory Science
Medical Laboratory Science is taught under five disciplines: Clinical Chemistry, Hematology, Medical Microbiology, Histopathology and Immunology including Instrumentation and Pharmacology. You will learn how to use sophisticated medical equipment to analyze biological fluids, blood, urine, cerebra-spinal fluid, secretions, excretions, or tissue samples for bacterial infection, hormone levels, and other chemical components affecting human health. The student also at the end of the course acquires the expertise to fabricate new equipment or repair or modify existing ones, refine old techniques or introduce new diagnostic procedures..
Where can I work with a Degree in Medical Laboratory Science?
Having a Degree in Medical Laboratory Science does not limit you to a particular work environment. Career opportunities will be added when we revisit this page.
The general WAEC, NECO or GCE core subject combination for Medical Laboratory Science have been listed above but, some Universities may accept Pass in some a compulsory subject instead of Credit. And some may accept or reject two sittings. That is combinations of WAEC, NECO, or GCE results. You will know more when you take a look at the special consideration (waiver) for this course if available. Please take note that when you see Check, it simply means the special consideration for this course had been merge with a related course to save space. So it is advisable to click the link or search with the search bar.
- Requirements to Study Medical Rehabilitation
- WAEC, JAMB Subject Combinations for Radiography
- Admission Requirement Study Medical Biochemistry
- WAEC, JAMB Subject Combinations for Medicine and Surgery
- WAEC, JAMB Subject Combinations for Pharmacy
- Requirements to Study Nursing/Nursing Science
- Requirements to Study Biomedical Technology – Under Medicine