O Level & A Level Requirement – Subject Combination for Medical Laboratory Science – Under Medicine; including the List of Nigeria Universities Offering the Course, WAEC, NECO, GCE, JAMB UTME, Direct Entry, IJBM, JUPEB, CAMBRIDGE, NABTEB, Course Description and Career Opportunities
- JAMB officially classified this course under Faculty/School/College of Medical, Pharmaceutical and Health Science.
- Probable Degree type – [M.B.B.S., MB.B.Ch.B., B.D.S., B.Ch.D., Pharm.B, B.SC]
The admission requirement to study Medical Laboratory Science – Under Medicine in Nigeria Universities includes one or a combination of ‘O’ level results or A-level result if you’re going through Direct Entry. This page will literally answer questions such as WAEC subject combination, JAMB UTME subject combination, Direct Entry requirements, Special consideration (waivers), where you can work with the degree and the required documents for admission into Nigeria universities. If you’re still having difficulties with getting admission in Nigeria Universities, we have some post that may be of benefit to you.
What is O level/WAEC subject combination (requirement) for Medical Laboratory Science?
The subjects needed to study Medical Laboratory Science in WAEC must contain five (5) credit. This subject combination is also applicable to NECO AND GCE… The O level requirement that is the compulsory WAEC subject combination for Medical Laboratory Science must include:
- English Language
- A trade subject
What is JAMB UTME subject combination (subject needed) for Medical Laboratory Science?
You should aim for a score of 180 – 200 and above in JAMB UTME to be on a safe side (Just an advice) because anything short of that may deny you of Admission/Post UTME. Of course, if you have a score below 180, you can consider College of Education or Polytechnic… Please note – JAMB is not the only option for admission. If you’re having troubles JAMB UTME maybe it’s time you pass through IJBM, JUBEB, ND or Predegree. JAMB UTME subject combination (subject to write in jamb) for Medical Laboratory Science are
What is Direct Entry requirement (that is the required A-level result you need) to study Medical Laboratory Science?
(i)Two ‘A’ level passes in Chemistry, Biology and Physics or Zoology
Just a reminder: Everything you have read so far is a general requirement, it is expedient that you also check the special consideration for this course below. If for some reasons you are not satisfied or cannot meet up with the subject combination above, perhaps you should consider taking a look at Polytechnic or College of Education related course subject requirements. You can also study online with a foreign university right from your bedroom or apply for a scholarship to study abroad. Education is now a choice.
So now that you know the compulsory WAEC, JAMB subject combination for Medical Laboratory Science, (which is also applicable to NECO and GCE) as well as A-level result/certificate. Do you know which Universities in Nigeria offer Medical Laboratory Science?
Before you make a decision on which University to choose, please consider
- The Fees
- The Distance
- The Environment
- The Degree Certificate
- Vulnerability to Strike
- Acceptable O Level and A-level Result
- Academic Calendar
See useful guides on how to choose a course and university
List of Nigeria Universities offering Medical Laboratory Science include:
- Ambrose Alli University, Ekpoma
- Afe Babalola University, Ado-Ekiti – Ekiti State
- Abia State University, Uturu
- Achievers University, Owo
- Babcock University,Ilishan-Remo
- Bayero University, Kano Click to read conditions
- University of Benin (UNIBEN)
- University of Calabar (UNICAL)
- Ebonyi State University, Abakaliki Click to read conditions
- University of Ibadan (UI) Click to read conditions
- Igbinedion University Okada
- University of Jos (UNIJOS) Click to read conditions
- University of Lagos (UNILAG)
- Ladoke Akintola University of Technology, Ogbomoso (LAUTECH)
- Madonna University, Okija
- University of Maiduguri (UNIMAID)
- Niger Delta University Yenagoa (NDU)
- River State University of Science and Technology (RSUST)
- Usumanu Danfodiyo University (UDUSOK)
- Nnamdi Azikiwe University, Awka (UNIZIK)
- University of Nigeria, Nsukka (UNN)
Course Description for Medical Laboratory Science
Medical Laboratory Science is taught under five disciplines: Clinical Chemistry, Hematology, Medical Microbiology, Histopathology and Immunology including Instrumentation and Pharmacology. You will learn how to use sophisticated medical equipment to analyze biological fluids, blood, urine, cerebra-spinal fluid, secretions, excretions, or tissue samples for bacterial infection, hormone levels, and other chemical components affecting human health. The student also at the end of the course acquires the expertise to fabricate new equipment or repair or modify existing ones, refine old techniques or introduce new diagnostic procedures..
Where can I work with a Degree in Medical Laboratory Science?
I believe you now know the subjects required to study Medical Laboratory Science. I urge you to also find out where you can work with the degree. Please take your time to read The Act of Getting a Job – so you would know what you’re up against after graduating. Career opportunities will be added when we revisit this page.
The SSCE O level and A-level subject needed to study Medical Laboratory Science have been listed above but, some Universities may accept D7 or E8 in some a compulsory subject instead of Credit. And some may accept or reject two sittings. That is combinations of WAEC, NECO, or GCE results. You will know more when you take a look at the special consideration (waiver) for this course if available. Please take note that when you see Check, it simply means the special consideration for this course had been merge with a related course to save space. So it is advisable to click the link or search with the search bar.
- WAEC, JAMB Subject Combination for Medical Rehabilitation
- WAEC, JAMB Subject Combinations for Radiography
- WAEC, JAMB Subject Combinations for Medical Biochemistry
- WAEC, JAMB Subject Combinations for Medicine and Surgery
- WAEC, JAMB Subject Combinations for Biochemistry – Under Medicine
- WAEC, JAMB Subject Combinations for Pharmacy
- WAEC, JAMB Subject for Biomedical Technology – Under Medicine
- WAEC, JAMB Subject for Dentistry and Dental Surgery
- WAEC, JAMB Subject Combination for Nursing/Nursing Science
- WAEC, JAMB UTME Subject Combination for Physiology