Lancaster University’s priority is to support every student to make the most of their life and education. Lancaster University has a large range of scholarships available for prospective students and anyone can apply. Lancaster University encourages all students to take advantage of what has to offer.
Below is a list of scholarships Lancaster University offers all applicants
1. Academic Merit Scholarship – Applicants must have obtained 4 A’s and 1B or better in 5 subjects in WAEC or a minimum of 4A’s in IGCSE and 2A’s in A Levels for direct entry.
2. Sports Merit Scholarship – Applicants must be able to demonstrate exceptional sporting abilities with proof of WAEC/ A Levels, regional, national and international certificates awarded. Applicants must have obtained 5B’s or better in 5 subjects.
3. Financial Aid Scholarship – Applicants should be able to demonstrate limited family income and or insufficient funds to cover most or all educationally related expenses. Students applying for this category must have obtained 2A’s and 1 B or better in 5 subjects.
4. Business Cup Challenge Scholarship – Applicants who have achieved 1st, 2nd or 3rd place in our annual competition
5. Sibling Scholarship – Lancaster University offers Siblings Scholarships/Bursaries for siblings studying concurrently. This is an automatic 10% reduction in tuition fee when a sibling of a direct family member (Brother or Sister) studying with us joins the Lancaster University Ghana Family as a student.
6. Direct Scholarship – Lancaster University works closely with most high schools across the country. As part of the collaborative effort between the high schools, Lancaster University support students from these high schools with scholarships to study. The scholarships range from 10% to 15% off their tuition fees. Contact Lancaster University directly to see if your school is eligible or if you would want your school to be part of this exciting offer.
Lancaster University Eligibility
Applicants must submit a completed Scholarship Application Form along with all financial aid supporting documents (For Financial Aid Applicants), sporting certificates & testimonials (For Sports Scholarship Applicants) and other documents requested for. You can contact Lancaster University for scholarships:
a) If you are a recognized athlete in your school and have notable achievements and medals (attach your sports certificates to your scholarship application form).
b) If you believe you are eligible for a scholarship based on academic merit (attach your official results to your application form). Ensure that you scored 2 ‘A’ grades and at least a ‘B’ (or its equivalent in other streams).
c) If you have financial needs. Scholarships based on need are allocated on a case-by-case basis. The university endeavours to consider a variety of factors, including household income and other extenuating circumstances.
Financial and supporting documents
Any of the documents listed below, which are able to serve as sufficient proof of financial need, can be provided
- Payslip/Payroll records of Parents or Guardians
- Recent school receipts of siblings or Parents’/Guardians’ Dependents
- Death Certificates of Parents
- Bank statements of Parents/ Guardians
- SSNIT contribution of Parents/Guardians
Sports Scholarships and supporting documents
- Regional, National and International sporting certificates
- Testimonials from the previous school, detailing the individual’s sporting abilities
Other Documents for all categories
- High School/ Secondary School Exam Certificates Transcripts
- A 500-word essay
- This should detail your academic and career goals
- It should also include how your studies will contribute to your professional goals.
- Candidates should also include reasons why they feel they should be considered for this scholarship.
• Letters of recommendation
Note: Applicants may be asked for additional information if the information provided is unclear.
- The next step will be an interview of shortlisted applicants.
- If a candidate’s application is successful, they will receive notification of their award.
- Industrial Physics with Electronics and I.T Application
- Study Family, Nutrition and Consumer Science
- WAEC, JAMB Subject Combination for Financial Management Technology
- Requirements to Study Insurance and Risk Management
- WAEC, JAMB Subject Combinations for Medical Biochemistry
- WAEC, JAMB Subject Combination for Tourism Studies
- WAEC, JAMB Subject Combinations for Banking/Finance
- Requirements to Study Actuarial Science – Under Administration
- Requirements to Study Finance – Under Administration
- WAEC, JAMB Subject Combinations for Pharmacy