Admission Requirement to Study Islamic Studies; including WAEC, NECO, GCE, JAMB UTME, Direct Entry, IJBM, JUPEB, CAMBRIDGE, NABTEB Subject Combinations, Course Description and Career Opportunities
To study this course in Nigeria Universities, you must fulfil the admission requirements which must include one or a combination of ‘O’ level results. This page will literally answer questions such as WAEC subject combination, JAMB UTME subject combination, Direct Entry requirements, Special consideration (waivers), Course description and the required documents for admission into Nigeria universities. And if you’re still having difficulties with getting admission in Nigeria, maybe it’s time you consider studying online or study abroad for free through scholarships
You must have Five credit in subjects needed to study Islamic Studies in WAEC. This subject combination is also applicable to NECO AND GCE… The core O level that is the compulsory WAEC subject combinations for Islamic Studies must include:
- English Language
- Islamic Religious Studies or Arabic
- Any three relevant subjects.
- A trade subject
What is JAMB UTME subject combination (subject needed) for Islamic Studies?
The subject needed in WAEC to study Islamic Studies in most cases, differs from JAMB UTME subject combination. You should aim for a score of 200 and above in JAMB UTME to be on a safe side. (Just an advice). If you score 180 and above in this recent JAMB UTME- All is well with you, but if your score is below 180, Please consider College or Polytechnic.. Don’t expect JAMB score upgrade. White collar Scammers are everywhere. JAMB is not the only option for admission. If you’re having troubles passing JAMB UTME maybe it’s time you pass through IJBM, JUBEB or Predegree. JAMB UTME subject combinations for Islamic Studies are
- Islamic Religious Studies
- Two other Arts subjects
What is Direct Entry requirement (that is the required A level result you need) to study Islamic Studies?
Two ‘A’ level passes to include Islamic Studies.
Just a reminder: Everything you have read so far is a general requirement, it is expedient that you also check the special consideration for this course below. If for some reasons you are not satisfied or cannot meet up with the subject combinations above, perhaps you should consider taking a look at Polytechnic or College of Education related course subject requirements. You can also study online with a foreign university right from your bedroom or apply for a scholarship to study abroad. Education is now a choice.
So now that you know the compulsory WAEC, JAMB subject combination for Islamic Studies, (which is also applicable to NECO and GCE) as well as A level result/certificate. Do you know which Universities in Nigeria offer Islamic Studies?
Before you make a decision on which University to choose, please consider
- The Fees
- The Distance
- The Environment
- The Degree Certificate
- Vulnerability to Strike
- Acceptable O Level and A level Result
- Academic Calendar
See useful guides on how to choose a course and university
Nigeria Universities offering Islamic Studies are:
- University of Abuja, Gwagwalada
- Al-Hikmah University, Ilorin
- Yobe State University, Damaturu
- Bauchi State University, Gadau
- Bayero University, Kano
- Kwara State College of Arabic and Islamic Legal Studies, Ilorin
- Federal University, Kashere, Gombe State (FUKASHERE)
- Federal University Gashua, Yobe (FUGASHUA)
- Federal University, Gusau Zamfara (FUGUS)
- Federal University, Ndifu-Alike, Ebonyi State (FUNAI)
- Fountain University, Oshogbo
- Gombe State University, Gombe
- University of Ibadan (UI)
- University of Ilorin (UNILORIN)
- Sule Lamido University, Kafin Hausa, Jigawa (SLU)
- University of Jos (UNIJOS)
- Kaduna State University, Kaduna (KASU)
- Al-Qalam University, Katsina
- Kogi State University Anyigba
- Kwara State University, Ilorin (KWASU)
- Lagos State University, Ojo (LASU)
- University of Maiduguri (UNIMAID)
- Nasarawa State University Keffi (NSUK)
- Northwest University Kano (NWU)
- Olabisi Onabanjo University, Ago Iwoye
- Sokoto State University
- Summit University
- Taraba State University, Jalingo (TSUJ)
- Usumanu Danfodiyo University (UDUSOK)
- National Open University of Nigeria (NOUN)
Course Description for Islamic Studies:
We are still working on a number of things. We will add a description for this course later on. But if you’re willing to add a description, we will appreciate.
Where can I work with a Degree in Islamic Studies?
Having a Degree in Islamic Studies does not limit you to a particular work environment. Career opportunities will be added soon.
The general WAEC, NECO or GCE core subject combination for Islamic Studies have been listed above but, some Universities may accept Pass in some a compulsory subject instead of Credit. And some may accept or reject two sittings. That is combinations of WAEC, NECO, or GCE results. You will know more when you take a look at the special consideration (waiver) for this course if available. Please take note that when you see Check, it simply means the special consideration for this course had been merge with a related course to save space. So it is advisable to click the link or search with the search bar.&=
- Requirements to Study Arabic and Islamic Studies
- WAEC, JAMB Subject Combinations for Arabic Studies
- Requirements to Study Comparative Religious Studies
- WAEC, JAMB Subject Combinations for Religious Studies
- Study Christian Religious Knowledge/Studies
- Requirements to Study English and Literary Studies
- Requirements to Study Christian Studies