Admission Requirement to Study English and Literary Studies; including WAEC, NECO, GCE, JAMB UTME, Direct Entry, IJBM, JUPEB, CAMBRIDGE, NABTEB Subject Combinations, Course Description and Career Opportunities
To study this course in Nigeria Universities, you must fulfil the admission requirements which must include one or a combination of ‘O’ level results. This page will literally answer questions such as WAEC subject combination, JAMB UTME subject combination, Direct Entry requirements, Special consideration (waivers), Course description and the required documents for admission into Nigeria universities. And if you’re still having difficulties with getting admission in Nigeria, maybe it’s time you consider studying online or study abroad for free through scholarships
You must have Five credit in subjects needed to study English and Literary Studies in WAEC. This subject combination is also applicable to NECO AND GCE… The core O level that is the compulsory WAEC subject combinations for English and Literary Studies must include:
What is JAMB UTME subject combination (subject needed) for English and Literary Studies?
You should aim for a score of 200 and above in JAMB UTME to be on a safe side. (Just an advice). If you score 180 and above in this recent JAMB UTME- All is well with you, but if your score is below 180, Please consider College or Polytechnic.. Don’t expect JAMB score upgrade. White collar Scammers are everywhere. JAMB is not the only option for admission. If you’re having troubles passing JAMB UTME maybe it’s time you pass through IJBM, JUBEB or Predegree. JAMB UTME subject combinations for English and Literary Studies are
- One other Arts subject
- Another Arts or Social Science subject
What is Direct Entry requirement (that is the required A level result you need) to study English and Literary Studies?
Two ‘A’ level passes to include Lit.-in-English and one other Arts subject.
So now that you know the compulsory WAEC, JAMB subject combination for English and Literary Studies, (which is also applicable to NECO and GCE) as well as A level result/certificate. Do you know which Universities in Nigeria offer English and Literary Studies?
Nigerian Universities offering English and Literary Studies are:
- University of Abuja, Gwagwalada
- Akwa Ibom State University of Technology, Uyo
- Anchor University Ayobo Lagos State
- Babcock University,Ilishan-Remo
- University of Calabar (UNICAL)
- Caleb University, Lagos
- Coal City University Enugu State
- Delta State University, Abraka (DELSU)
- Federal University, Oye-Ekiti, Ekiti State
- Godfrey Okoye University, Ugwuomu-Nike – Enugu State
- Gregory University, Uturu
- Kogi State University Anyigba
- Kwara State University, Ilorin (KWASU)
- Lead City University, Ibadan
- Niger Delta University Yenagoa (NDU)
- Ekiti State University
- Summit University
- Hezekiah University, Umudi
- University of Nigeria, Nsukka (UNN)
- Veritas University, Abuja
Course Description for English and Literary Studies:
We are still working on a number of things. We will add a description for this course later on. But if you’re willing to add a description, we will appreciate.
Where can I work with a Degree in English and Literary Studies?
Having a Degree in English and Literary Studies does not limit you to a particular work environment. Career opportunities will be added soon.
The general WAEC, NECO or GCE core subject combination for English and Literary Studies have been listed above but, some Universities may accept Pass in some a compulsory subject instead of Credit. And some may accept or reject two sittings. That is combinations of WAEC, NECO, or GCE results. You will know more when you take a look at the special consideration (waiver) for this course if available. Please take note that when you see Check, it simply means the special consideration for this course had been merge with a related course to save space. So it is advisable to click the link or search with the search bar.
- Requirements to Study Literature In English
- WAEC, JAMB Subject Combinations for English Studies
- Requirements to Study English and International Studies
- WAEC, JAMB Subject Combinations for Linguistics
- WAEC, JAMB Subject Combinations for Communication Arts
- WAEC, JAMB Subject Combinations for Igbo
- WAEC, JAMB Subject Combinations for Religious Studies