Admission Requirement to Study Linguistics; including WAEC, NECO, GCE, JAMB UTME, Direct Entry, IJBM, JUPEB, CAMBRIDGE, NABTEB Subject Combinations, Course Description and Career Opportunities
To study this course in Nigeria Universities, you must fulfil the admission requirements which must include one or a combination of ‘O’ level results. This page will literally answer questions such as WAEC subject combination, JAMB UTME subject combination, Direct Entry requirements, Special consideration (waivers), Course description and the required documents for admission into Nigeria universities. And if you’re still having difficulties with getting admission in Nigeria, maybe it’s time you consider studying online or study abroad for free through scholarships
You must have Five credit in subjects needed to study Linguistics in WAEC. This subject combination is also applicable to NECO AND GCE… The core O level that is the compulsory WAEC subject combinations for Linguistics must include:
What is JAMB UTME subject combination (subject needed) for Linguistics?
You should aim for a score of 200 and above in JAMB UTME to be on a safe side. (Just an advice). If you score 180 and above in this recent JAMB UTME- All is well with you, but if your score is below 180, Please consider College or Polytechnic.. Don’t expect JAMB score upgrade. White collar Scammers are everywhere. JAMB is not the only option for admission. If you’re having troubles passing JAMB UTME maybe it’s time you pass through IJBM, JUBEB or Predegree. JAMB UTME subject combinations for Linguistics are
- Any Language and two other subjects
What is Direct Entry requirement (that is the required A level result you need) to study Linguistics?
Two ‘A’ level passes or NCE to include any Language, preferably an African Language
So now that you know the compulsory WAEC, JAMB subject combination for Linguistics, (which is also applicable to NECO and GCE) as well as A level result/certificate. Do you know which Universities in Nigeria offer Linguistics?
Before you make a decision on which University to choose, please consider
- The Fees
- The Distance
- The Environment
- The Degree Certificate
- Vulnerability to Strike
- Acceptable O Level and A level Result
- Academic Calendar
See useful guides on how to choose a course and university
Nigeria Universities offering Linguistics are
- Afe Babalola University, Ado-Ekiti – Ekiti State
- Bayero University, Kano
- University of Ibadan (UI)
- Ebonyi State University, Abakaliki
- Federal University, Ndifu-Alike, Ebonyi State (FUNAI)
- Fountain University, Oshogbo
- University of Nigeria, Nsukka (UNN)
- University of Jos (UNIJOS)
- University of Maiduguri (UNIMAID) with options in: (i) Kanuri (ii) French (iii) Fulfulde (iv) English (v) Arabic (Fulfulde, English and Arabic)
- Benue State University, Makurdi
- University of Ilorin (UNILORIN)
- Ekiti State University
- University of Uyo
- University of Ibadan (UI) (with Yoruba)
- Imo State University, Owerri (IMSU) (with Igbo)
- Delta State University, Abraka (DELSU)
- Igbinedion University Okada
- Usumanu Danfodiyo University (UDUSOK)
- Kings University, Ode Omu (UNIKINGS)
- Adekunle Ajasin University, Akungba
- University of Abuja, Gwagwalada
- Osun State University Osogbo (UNIOSUN)
- Kwara State University, Ilorin (KWASU)
- Kaduna State University, Kaduna (KASU)
- Ibrahim Badamasi Babangida University, Lapai (IBBU)
- Nnamdi Azikiwe University, Awka (UNIZIK)
Course Description for Linguistics:
We are still working on a number of things. We will add a description for this course later on. But if you’re willing to add a description, we will appreciate.
Where can I work with a Degree in Linguistics?
Having a Degree in Linguistics does not limit you to a particular work environment. Career opportunities will be added soon.
The general WAEC, NECO or GCE core subject combination for Linguistics have been listed above but, some Universities may accept Pass in some a compulsory subject instead of Credit. And some may accept or reject two sittings. That is combinations of WAEC, NECO, or GCE results. You will know more when you take a look at the special consideration (waiver) for this course if available. Please take note that when you see Check, it simply means the special consideration for this course had been merge with a related course to save space. So it is advisable to click the link or search with the search bar.
- Requirement Study Languages and Linguistics
- WAEC, JAMB Subject Combinations for Linguistics / Edo
- Admission Requirement to Igbo/Linguistics
- WAEC, JAMB Subject Combinations for Igbo
- Study Linguistics and African Languages
- Study Linguistics, Igbo and other African Languages
- WAEC, JAMB Subject Combinations for Kanuri