Admission Requirement to Study History; including WAEC, NECO, GCE, JAMB UTME, Direct Entry, IJBM, JUPEB, CAMBRIDGE, NABTEB Subject Combinations, Course Description and Career Opportunities
To study this course in Nigeria Universities, you must fulfil the admission requirements which must include one or a combination of ‘O’ level results. This page will literally answer questions such as WAEC subject combination, JAMB UTME subject combination, Direct Entry requirements, Special consideration (waivers), Course description and the required documents for admission into Nigeria universities. And if you’re still having difficulties with getting admission in Nigeria, maybe it’s time you consider studying online or study abroad for free through scholarships
You must have Five credit in subjects needed to study History in WAEC. This subject combination is also applicable to NECO AND GCE… The core O level that is the compulsory WAEC subject combinations for History must include:
What is JAMB UTME subject combination (subject needed) for History?
You should aim for a score of 200 and above in JAMB UTME to be on a safe side. (Just an advice). If you score 180 and above in this recent JAMB UTME- All is well with you, but if your score is below 180, Please consider College or Polytechnic.. Don’t expect JAMB score upgrade. White collar Scammers are everywhere. JAMB is not the only option for admission. If you’re having troubles passing JAMB UTME maybe it’s time you pass through IJBM, JUBEB or Predegree. JAMB UTME subject combinations for History are
- Any other two subjects from Arts and Social Sciences.
What is Direct Entry requirement (that is the required A level result you need) to study History?
Two ‘A’ level passes in History and any other related subjects
So now that you know the compulsory WAEC, JAMB subject combination for History, (which is also applicable to NECO and GCE) as well as A level result/certificate. Do you know which Universities in Nigeria offer History?
Nigerian Universities offering History are:
- Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria
- University of Abuja, Gwagwalada
- Chukwuemeka Odumegwu Ojukwu University, Uli
- Yobe State University, Damaturu
- Bauchi State University, Gadau
- Bayero University, Kano
- University of Benin (UNIBEN)
- Benue State University, Makurdi
- Federal University, Lafia, Nasarawa State
- Federal University, Dutsin-Ma, Katsina (FUDUSOK)
- Federal University, Ndifu-Alike, Ebonyi State (FUNAI)
- Federal University, Lokoja, Kogi State (FULOKOJA)
- Gombe State University, Gombe
- University of Ibadan (UI)
- Kaduna State University, Kaduna (KASU)
- Ibrahim Badamasi Babangida University, Lapai (IBBU)
- Legacy University, Okija Anambra State
- University of Maiduguri (UNIMAID)
- Nasarawa State University Keffi (NSUK)
- Nigerian Defence Academy Kaduna (NDA)
- Obafemi Awolowo University,Ile-Ife (OAU)
- Samuel Adegboyega University, Ogwa
- Sokoto State University
- Usumanu Danfodiyo University (UDUSOK)
- Kings University, Ode Omu (UNIKINGS)
- Nnamdi Azikiwe University, Awka (UNIZIK)
- Umar Musa Yar’ Adua University Katsina (UMYU)
- University of Nigeria, Nsukka (UNN)
Course Description for History:
We are still working on a number of things. We will add a description for this course later on. But if you’re willing to add a description, we will appreciate.
Where can I work with a Degree in History?
Having a Degree in History does not limit you to a particular work environment. Career opportunities will be added soon.
The general WAEC, NECO or GCE core subject combination for History have been listed above but, some Universities may accept Pass in some a compulsory subject instead of Credit. And some may accept or reject two sittings. That is combinations of WAEC, NECO, or GCE results. You will know more when you take a look at the special consideration (waiver) for this course if available. Please take note that when you see Check, it simply means the special consideration for this course had been merge with a related course to save space. So it is advisable to click the link or search with the search bar.
- Study History and International Studies
- WAEC, JAMB Subject Combinations for Igbo
- Admission Requirement to Study Archaeology – Under Art
- Requirements to Study Mass Communication – Under Art
- WAEC, JAMB Subject Combinations for Arabic Studies
- Requirements to Study History and Archaeology
- WAEC, JAMB Subject Combinations for French