(Admission) O Level & A Level Requirement for Visual Art and Technology; including the List of Nigeria Universities Offering the Course, WAEC, NECO, GCE, JAMB UTME, Direct Entry, IJBM, JUPEB, CAMBRIDGE, NABTEB Subject Combinations, Course Description and Career Opportunities
The admission requirement to study Visual Art and Technology in Nigeria Universities includes one or a combination of ‘O’ level results or A-level result if you’re going through Direct Entry. This page will literally answer questions such as WAEC subject combination, JAMB UTME subject combination, Direct Entry requirements, Special consideration (waivers), where you can work with the degree and the required documents for admission into Nigeria universities. If you’re still having difficulties with getting admission in Nigeria Universities, we have some post that may be of benefit to you.
- How to study online course and earn a degree
- Study abroad for free through scholarships
- How to gain admission easily into Nigeria Universities
The subjects needed to study Visual Art and Technology in WAEC must contain five (5) credit. This subject combination is also applicable to NECO AND GCE… The O level requirement that is the compulsory WAEC subject combination for Visual Art and Technology must include
- English Language
- Fine Art
- Mathematics If you don’t have credit in Mathematics, Click here fast
- Spinning; Weaving; Surface Design and Printing; Bleaching, Dyeing and Finishing; Ceramics; Graphic Design; Graphic Printing; Decorative Painting, Spray Painting, Lining, Sign & Design, Wall Hanging, Colour Mixing/Matching and Glazing, Building/Engineering Drawing, General Wood Work.
- A trade subject
What is JAMB UTME subject combination (subjects needed) for Visual Art and Technology?
You should aim for a score of 180 – 200 and above in JAMB UTME to be on a safe side (Just an advice) because anything short of that may deny you of Admission/Post UTME. Of course, if you have a score below 180, you can consider College of Education or Polytechnic… Please note – JAMB is not the only option for admission. If you’re having troubles JAMB UTME maybe it’s time you pass through IJBM, JUBEB, ND or Predegree. JAMB UTME subject combination for Visual Art and Technology are
What is Direct Entry requirement (that is the required A-level result you need) to study Visual Art and Technology?
(i) ‘A’ level passes in Two of Fine Arts, Chemistry, Mathematics, and Physics.
(ii) ND in Visual Art and Technology or Glass Technology or Fine Art at Credit level.
Just a reminder: Everything you have read so far is a general requirement, it is expedient that you also check the special consideration for this course below. If for some reasons you are not satisfied or cannot meet up with the subject combination above, perhaps you should consider taking a look at Polytechnic or College of Education related course subject requirements. You can also study online with a foreign university right from your bedroom or apply for a scholarship to study abroad. Education is now a choice.
Before you make a decision on which University to choose, please consider
- The Fees
- The Distance
- The Environment
- The Degree Certificate
- Vulnerability to Strike
- Acceptable O level and A-level Result
- Academic Calendar
See useful guides on how to choose a course and university
According to 2017/2018 JAMB Brochure, only Cross River State University of Science &Technology, Calabar (CRUTECH) offers Visual Art and Technology
Where can I work with a Degree in Visual Art and Technology?
I believe you now know what is required of you study Visual Art and Technology. I urge you to find out where you can work with the degree. Please take your time to read The Act of Getting a Job – so you would know what you’re up against after graduating. Career opportunities will be added soon.
The SSCE O level and A-level subject needed to study Visual Art and Technology have been listed above. Yet, some Universities may accept D7 or E8 in some a compulsory subject instead of Credit. And some may accept or reject two sittings. That is combinations of WAEC, NECO, or GCE results. You will know more when you take a look at the special consideration (waiver) for this course if available. Please take note that when you see Check, it simply means the special consideration for this course had been merge with a related course to save space. So it is advisable to click the link or search with the search bar.
- WAEC, JAMB Subject Combinations for Glass Design
- WAEC, JAMB Subject Combinations for Industrial Design
- Study Textile Science and Technology – Under Engineering
- WAEC, JAMB Subject Combinations for Fine Art
- WAEC, JAMB Subject Combinations for Software Engineering
- WAEC, JAMB Subject Combinations for Fine and Industrial Arts
- Requirement to study Aeronautical Engineering In Nigeria
- WAEC, JAMB Subject Combinations for Fine and Applied Arts
- WAEC, JAMB Subject Combination for Accounting Technology
- WAEC, JAMB Subject Combination for Financial Management Technology