O Level & A Level Requirement – Subject Combination for Aeronautical Engineering; including the List of Nigeria Universities Offering the Course, WAEC, NECO, GCE, JAMB UTME, Direct Entry, IJBM, JUPEB, CAMBRIDGE and NABTEB Subject Combinations, Course Description and Career Opportunities
The admission requirement to study Aeronautical Engineering in Nigeria Universities includes one or a combination of ‘O’ level results or A-level result if you’re going through Direct Entry. This page will literally answer questions such as WAEC subject combination, JAMB UTME subject combination, Direct Entry requirements, Course description, where you can work with the degree and the required documents for admission into Nigeria universities. If you’re still having difficulties with getting admission in Nigeria Universities, we have some post that may be of benefit to you.
- How to study online course and earn a degree
- Study abroad for free through scholarships
- How to gain admission easily into Nigeria Universities
Aeronautical Engineering is not your everyday course. Students in this departmenet are trained in areas like manufacturing and development of aircrafts and missiles. An aeronautical engineer can also design, test and contribute to the development of advanced technologies in the field of defense and space science. Aeronautical Engineering graduates have knowledge of aerodynamics, aerospace materials, structures, propulsion, flight mechanics, and stability and control. Aerospace engineers are responsible for the research, design and production of aircraft, spacecraft, aerospace equipment, satellites and missiles. They also develop new technologies in commercial aviation, defense systems, and space exploration.
In Nigeria aeronautical engineers are mostly employed by The Defense Ministry
One can also look for jobs available with the
- Civil Aviation Department
- National Aeronautical Laboratory
- Defense Research and Development Laboratories (DRDO)
A lot of job opportunities for aeronautical engineers are also available in counulies like USA, France, UK and Germany. Therefore, aeronautical engineers from Nigeria as well as from all other parts of the world flock to these countries.
As a student of Aeronautical Engineering you will learn much of…
- Heat Transfer
- Aircraft Systems and Instruments
- Slolid Mechaics
What is O level/WAEC subject combination (requirement) for Aeronautical Engineering?
The subjects needed to study Aeronautical Engineering in WAEC must contain five (5) credit. This subject combination is also applicable to NECO AND GCE… The O level requirement that is the compulsory WAEC subject combination for Aeronautical Engineering must include
- Mathematics If you don’t have credit in Mathematics, Click here
- English Language
- Any other Science subject
- A trade subject
What is JAMB UTME subject combination (subjects needed) for Aeronautical Engineering?
You should aim for a score of 180 – 200 and above in JAMB UTME to be on a safe side (Just an advice) because anything short of that may deny you of Admission/Post UTME. Of course, if you have a score below 180, you can consider College of Education or Polytechnic… Please note – JAMB is not the only option for admission. If you’re having troubles JAMB UTME maybe it’s time you pass through IJBM, JUBEB, ND or Predegree. JAMB UTME subject combination for Aeronautical Engineering are
What is Direct Entry requirement (that is the required A-level result you need) to study Aeronautical Engineering?
(i) Two ‘A’ level passes from Chemistry, Physics and Mathematics.
List of Nigeria Universities offering Aeronautical Engineering include
- Federal University of Technology, Owerri (FUTO)
- Kwara State University, Ilorin (KWASU)
What does an Aeronautical Engineer do?
- Aeronautical engineers design, develop, test, and help manufacture commercial and military aircraft, missiles, and spacecraft.
- Work done by aerospace engineers has made such things as speedy mail delivery and moon travel possible.
- Aerospace Engineers are working to launch a space shuttle to reach the moon.
- Aeronautical engineers also develop and design extraordinary technologies such as: supersonic jets, helicopters, space shuttles, satellites and rockets.
- WAEC, JAMB UTME Subject for Mechatronics Engineering
- WAEC, JAMB Subject Combinations for Marine Engineering
- WAEC, JAMB Subject Combinations for Polymer Engineering
- Study Computer Science – Under Engineering
- WAEC, JAMB Subject for Automobile Engineering
- WAEC, JAMB Subject Combination for Biomedical Engineering
- Study Mechanical / Production Engineering
- WAEC, JAMB Subject Combination for Mechanical Engineering
- WAEC, JAMB UTME Subject for Petroleum Engineering
- WAEC, JAMB Subject Combinations for Glass Design