O Level & A Level Requirement – Subject Combination for Home Economics and Education including the List of Nigeria Universities Offering the Course, WAEC, NECO, GCE, JAMB UTME, Direct Entry, IJBM, JUPEB, CAMBRIDGE, NABTEB, Course Description and Career Opportunities
- JAMB officially classified this course under Faculty of Education.
- Probable Degree type – [B. ED/B.A.(Educ.)/B.Sc. (Educ.)/B.Ed. (Tech)]
The admission requirement to study Home Economics and Education in Nigeria Universities includes one or a combination of ‘O’ level results or A-level result if you’re going through Direct Entry. This page will literally answer questions such as WAEC subject combination, JAMB UTME subject combination, Direct Entry requirements, Special consideration (waivers), where you can work with the degree and the required documents for admission into Nigeria universities. If you’re still having difficulties with getting admission in Nigeria Universities, we have some post that may be of benefit to you.
What is O level/WAEC subject combination (requirement) for Home Economics and Education?
The subjects needed to study Home Economics and Education. The core WAEC, NECO or GCE subject combination/TC II merit passes for Home Economics and Education must include
- English language
- Mathematics If you don’t have credit in Mathematics, Click here fast
- Home Economics
- A Trade Subject
What is JAMB UTME subject combination (subjects needed) for Home Economics and Education?
You should aim for a score of 180 – 200 and above in JAMB UTME to be on a safe side (Just an advice) because anything short of that may deny you of Admission/Post UTME. Of course, if you have a score below 180, you can consider College of Education or Polytechnic… Please note – JAMB is not the only option for admission. If you’re having troubles JAMB UTME maybe it’s time you pass through IJBM, JUBEB, ND or Predegree. JAMB UTME subject combination (subject to write in jamb) for Home Economics and Education are
- Biology or Agricultural Science
- One other subject
What is Direct Entry requirement (that is the required A-level result you need) to study Home Economics and Education?
(i) NCE in Home Economics with a minimum of merit pass.
(ii) GCE ‘A’ level in two of Chemistry and any Biology, Botany and Agric Science.
(iii) OND/HND Home Economics (credit level) or Food Science or Hotel and Catering
Just a reminder: Everything you have read so far is a general requirement, it is expedient that you also check the special consideration for this course below. If for some reasons you are not satisfied or cannot meet up with the subject combination above, perhaps you should consider taking a look at Polytechnic or College of Education related course subject requirements. You can also study online with a foreign university right from your bedroom or apply for a scholarship to study abroad. Education is now a choice.
So now that you know the compulsory WAEC, JAMB subject combination for Home Economics and Education, (which is also applicable to NECO and GCE) as well as A-level result/certificate.
Before you make a decision on which University to choose, please consider
- The Fees
- The Distance
- The Environment
- The Degree Certificate
- Vulnerability to Strike
- Acceptable O Level and A-level Result
- Academic Calendar
See useful guides on how to choose a course and university
List of Nigeria Universities offering Home Economics and Education are
- Ambrose Alli University, Ekpoma
- Abia State University, Uturu
- Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria
- Adeyemi College of Education
- University of Benin (UNIBEN)
- Benue State University, Makurdi
- CE-College of Education, Akwanga
- Delta State University, Abraka (DELSU) Click to read conditions
- Ebonyi State University, Abakaliki Click to read conditions
- Federal College of Education, Osiele, Abeokuta
- Federal College of Education, Kontagora
- Ignatius Ajuru University of Education, Rumuolumeni
- College of Education, Ikere Ekiti
- Imo State University, Owerri (IMSU)
- College of Education, Katsina-Ala, Benue State.
- University of Lagos (UNILAG)
- Michael Otedola College of Primary Education, Moforiji
- Nwafor Orizu College of Education in Nsugbe, Anambra State
- Obafemi Awolowo University,Ile-Ife (OAU)
- University of Nigeria, Nsukka (UNN)
- University of Uyo
- College of Education, Warri (COEWARRI)
- Yaba College of Technology (YABATECH)
- Tai Solarin University of Education Ijebu Ode (TASUED) (offer as Home Economics and Hotel Management Education)
Where can I work with a Degree in Home Economics and Education?
I believe you now know the subjects required to study Home Economics and Education. I urge you to also find out where you can work with the degree. Please take your time to read The Act of Getting a Job – so you would know what you’re up against after graduating. Career opportunities will be added soon.
The SSCE O level and A-level subject needed to study Home Economics and Education have been listed above. Yet, some Universities may accept D7 or E8 in some a compulsory subject instead of Credit. And some may accept or reject two sittings. That is combinations of WAEC, NECO, or GCE results. You will know more when you take a look at the special consideration (waiver) for this course if available. Please take note that when you see Check
, it simply means the special consideration for this course had been merge with a related course to save space. So it is advisable to click the link or search with the search bar.