O Level & A Level Requirement – Subject Combination for Education and English Language including the List of Nigeria Universities Offering the Course, WAEC, NECO, GCE, JAMB UTME, Direct Entry, IJBM, JUPEB, CAMBRIDGE, NABTEB, Course Description and Career Opportunities
- JAMB officially classified this course under Faculty of Education.
- Probable Degree type – [B. ED/B.A.(Educ.)/B.Sc. (Educ.)/B.Ed. (Tech)]
The admission requirement to study Education and English Language in Nigeria Universities includes one or a combination of ‘O’ level results or A-level result if you’re going through Direct Entry. This page will literally answer questions such as WAEC subject combination, JAMB UTME subject combination, Direct Entry requirements, Special consideration (waivers), where you can work with the degree and the required documents for admission into Nigeria universities. If you’re still having difficulties with getting admission in Nigeria Universities, we have some post that may be of benefit to you.
What is O level/WAEC subject combination (requirement) for Education and English Language?
The subjects needed to study Education and English Language in WAEC must contain five (5) credit. This subject combination is also applicable to NECO AND GCE… The O level requirement that is the compulsory WAEC subject combination for Education and English Language must include
- English Language
- Literature in English
- Plus three other Arts or Social Science subjects
- A Trade Subject
What is JAMB UTME subject combination (subjects needed) for Education and English Language?
You should aim for a score of 180 – 200 and above in JAMB UTME to be on a safe side (Just an advice) because anything short of that may deny you of Admission/Post UTME. Of course, if you have a score below 180, you can consider College of Education or Polytechnic… Please note – JAMB is not the only option for admission. If you’re having troubles JAMB UTME maybe it’s time you pass through IJBM, JUBEB, ND or Predegree. JAMB UTME subject combination for Education and English Language are
- Literature in English
- One Arts and any other subjects
What is Direct Entry requirement (that is the required A-level result you need) to study Education and English Language?
(i) Two ‘A’ level passes in relevant teaching subjects including Literature in English.
(ii) NCE with credit or merit passes in two relevant subjects
Just a reminder: Everything you have read so far is a general requirement, it is expedient that you also check the special consideration for this course below. If for some reasons you are not satisfied or cannot meet up with the subject combination above, perhaps you should consider taking a look at Polytechnic or College of Education related course subject requirements. You can also study online with a foreign university right from your bedroom or apply for a scholarship to study abroad. Education is now a choice.
So now that you know the compulsory WAEC, JAMB subject combination for Education and English Language, (which is also applicable to NECO and GCE) as well as A-level result/certificate.
Before you make a decision on which University to choose, please consider
- The Fees
- The Distance
- The Environment
- The Degree Certificate
- Vulnerability to Strike
- Acceptable O Level and A-level Result
- Academic Calendar
See useful guides on how to choose a course and university
List of Nigeria Universities offering Education and English Language are
- Ambrose Alli University, Ekpoma
- Adekunle Ajasin University, Akungba
- University of Abuja, Gwagwalada
- Adeyemi College of Education
- College of Education, Agbor
- Al-Hikmah University, Ilorin
- Al-Qalam University, Katsina
- Chukwuemeka Odumegwu Ojukwu University, Uli
- Babcock University, Ilishan-Remo
- Bauchi State University, Gadau
- Bayero University, Kano Click to read conditions
- Benson Idahosa University, Benin City Click to read conditions
- Benue State University, Makurdi
- University of Calabar (UNICAL)
- Delta State University, Abraka (DELSU) Click to read conditions
- Emmanuel Alayande College of Education, Oyo State
- Ebonyi State University, Abakaliki Click to read conditions
- Jigawa State College of Education, Gumel
- Saadatu Rimi College of Education, Kumbotso
- Edo University Iyamo
- Ekiti State University
- Federal College of Education, Osiele, Abeokuta
- Federal College of Education,Katsina
- Federal College of Education, Kontagora
- Federal College of Education, Okene
- Federal College of Education, Pankshin
- Federal University, Gusau Zamfara (FUGUS)
- Federal University, Kashere, Gombe State (FUKASHERE)
- Federal University, Oye-Ekiti, Ekiti State
- Fountain University, Oshogbo
- Gombe State University, Gombe
- Ignatius Ajuru University of Education, Rumuolumeni
- University of Ibadan (UI) Click to read conditions
- College of Education, Ikere Ekiti
- Osun State College of Education, Ila-Orangun
- University of Ilorin (UNILORIN) Click to read conditions
- Imo State University, Owerri (IMSU)
- Sule Lamido University, Kafin Hausa, Jigawa (SLU)
- University of Jos (UNIJOS) Click to read conditions
- College of Education, Katsina-Ala, Benue State.
- Kogi State University Anyigba
- University of Lagos (UNILAG)
- Lagos State University, Ojo (LASU) Click to read conditions
- Lead City University, Ibadan
- University of Maiduguri (UNIMAID)
- Michael Otedola College of Primary Education, Moforiji
- Nasarawa State University Keffi (NSUK)
- Northwest University Kano (NWU)
- National Open University of Nigeria (NOUN) Click to read conditions
- Nwafor Orizu College of Education in Nsugbe, Anambra State
- Obafemi Awolowo University,Ile-Ife (OAU)
- Olabisi Onabanjo University, Ago Iwoye
- Osun State College of Education Ilesa
- Federal College of Education (special) Oyo
- University of Port-Harcourt (UNIPORT)
- Tai Solarin University of Education Ijebu Ode (TASUED) Click to read conditions
- Usumanu Danfodiyo University (UDUSOK)
- Umar Musa Yar’ Adua University Katsina (UMYUK)
- University of Nigeria, Nsukka (UNN)
- Osun State University Osogbo (UNIOSUN)
- Nnamdi Azikiwe University, Awka (UNIZIK)
- University of Uyo
- Veritas University, Abuja Click to read conditions
- College of Education, Warri (COEWARRI)
- Yobe State University, Damaturu
- College Of Education Zing Taraba State
Where can I work with a Degree in Education and English Language?
I believe you now know the subjects required to study Education and English Language. I urge you to also find out where you can work with the degree. Please take your time to read The Act of Getting a Job – so you would know what you’re up against after graduating. Career opportunities will be added soon.
The SSCE O level and A-level subject needed to study Education and English Language have been listed above. Yet, some Universities may accept D7 or E8 in some a compulsory subject instead of Credit. And some may accept or reject two sittings. That is combinations of WAEC, NECO, or GCE results. You will know more when you take a look at the special consideration (waiver) for this course if available. Please take note that when you see Check
, it simply means the special consideration for this course had been merge with a related course to save space. So it is advisable to click the link or search with the search bar.