O Level & A Level Requirement – Subject Combination for Agriculture; including the List of Nigeria Universities Offering the Course, WAEC, NECO, GCE, JAMB UTME, Direct Entry, IJBM, JUPEB, CAMBRIDGE, NABTEB, Course Description and Career Opportunities
- JAMB officially classified this course under Faculty/School/College of Agriculture/Vet. Medicine.
- Probable Degree type – [B. Agric. (B.Sc. (Hons.) B. Tech. (Hons.) B. Agric. Tech.) DVM]
The admission requirement to study Agriculture in Nigeria Universities includes one or a combination of ‘O’ level results or A-level result if you’re going through Direct Entry. This page will literally answer questions such as WAEC subject combination, JAMB UTME subject combination, Direct Entry requirements, Special consideration (waivers), where you can work with the degree and the required documents for admission into Nigeria universities. If you’re still having difficulties with getting admission in Nigeria Universities, we have some post that may be of benefit to you.
What is O level/WAEC subject combination (requirement) for Agriculture?
The subjects needed to study Agriculture in WAEC must contain five (5) credit. This subject combination is also applicable to NECO AND GCE… The O level requirement that is the compulsory WAEC subject combination for Agriculture must include:
- English Language
- Biology/Agric Science
- Anyone of Mathematics, Physics, Geography and Economics
- A trade subject
What is JAMB UTME subject combination (subject needed) for Agriculture?
You should aim for a score of 180 – 200 and above in JAMB UTME to be on a safe side (Just an advice) because anything short of that may deny you of Admission/Post UTME. Of course, if you have a score below 180, you can consider College of Education or Polytechnic… Don’t expect JAMB score upgrade. White collar Scammers are everywhere. JAMB UTME subject combination (subject needed) for Agriculture are
- Choose one of Physics and Mathematics
What is Direct Entry requirement (that is the required A-level result you need) to study Agriculture?
Two A-level passes in Chemistry and one from Biology/Botany/Zoology/ Agric Science, Economics, Physics, Geography and Geology/Mathematics (Pure & Applied).
Just a reminder: Everything you have read so far is a general requirement, it is expedient that you also check the special consideration for this course below. If for some reasons you are not satisfied or cannot meet up with the subject combination above, perhaps you should consider taking a look at Polytechnic or College of Education related course subject requirements. You can also study online with a foreign university right from your bedroom or apply for a scholarship to study abroad. Education is now a choice.
So now that you know the subject combination (needed) for Agriculture, (which is also applicable to NECO and GCE) as well as A-level result/certificate.
List of Nigeria Universities offering Agriculture include:
- Adekunle Ajasin University, Akungba
- Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria
- Afe Babalola University, Ado-Ekiti – Ekiti State
- Babcock University, Ilishan-Remo
- University of Ilorin (UNILORIN) with options in: (i) Crop Protection (ii) Animal Production (iii) Agric-Economics & Farm Mgt. (iv) Agric. Extension & Rural Development. (v) Agronomy
- Chukwuemeka Odumegwu Ojukwu University, Uli
- Gregory University, Uturu
- University of Agriculture, Makurdi
- University of Maiduguri (UNIMAID) (General Agriculture)
- Usumanu Danfodiyo University (UDUSOK)
- Imo State University, Owerri (IMSU) with options in: (a) Crop Science and Biotech b) Agric. Economics and Rural Dev. and Extension c) Soil Science and Env. Mgt. d) Animal Science and Fisheries
- Federal University, Dutse, Jigawa State (FUD) With options in: (A) (i) Agric Economics and Extension (ii) Animal Science (iii) Crop Science (iv) Crop Protection (v) Soil Science (B) Fisheries and Aquaculture (C) Forestry and Wildlife Management
- Federal University, Dutsin-Ma, Katsina (FUDUSOK) With options in : (a) Agric Economics, Extension and Rural Sociology (b) Animal Health Production (c) Crop Production and Protection (d) Soil Science
- Federal University, Oye-Ekiti, Ekiti State With options in : (a) Agric Economics and Extension (b) Animal Production and Health (c) Soil Science (d) Crop Science and Horticulture
- Federal University, Wukari, Taraba State (FUWUKARI) With options in: (a) Agric Economics/ Extension (b) Crop Production and protection (c) Anima Production and Health (d) Soil Science and Land Resources Management
- Federal University, Kashere, Gombe State (FUKASHERE) With options in : (a) Agric Economics and Extension Services (b) Agronomy (c) Animal Science (d) Soil Science
- Landmark University, Omu-Aran
- Michael Okpara University of Agricultural Umudike with options at the final year in: (i) Agric Economics. (ii) Agric Extension & Rural Sociology. (iii) Animal Production (iv) Plant Health Management (v) Soil Science & Agro-Climatology (vi) Agronomy
- Olabisi Onabanjo University, Ago Iwoye
- Plateau State University Bokkos (PLASU)
- River State University of Science and Technology (RSUST)
- Nnamdi Azikiwe University, Awka (UNIZIK) With options in: i. Agric Economics & Ext. ii. Animal Science & Technology iii. Crop Science & Horticulture iv. Fishery & Aquaculture v. Food & Technology vi. Forestry & Wildlife Mgt. vii. Soil Science & Technology
- University of Nigeria, Nsukka (UNN) with options in: i) Agric Business and Farm Management ii) Agric Economics iii) Agric Ext. and Rural Sociology iv) Animal Production v) Crop Production vi) Soil Science & Farm Mechanisation.
- Kano University of Science & Technology, Wudil (KUST)
- Ekiti State University with options in: i. Crop Science & Env. Sc. ii. Animal Prod. & Crop Sc. iii. Agric-Economics & Ext. Services. iv. Forestry, Wildlife & Fisheries
- Bayero University, Kano with options in: (a) Soil Science (b) Agronomy (c) Crop Sc. (d) Crop Protection (e) Agric – Economics (f) Animal Science
- Bowen University, Iwo with options in: (i) Agric-Economics & Farm Mgt. (ii) Agric Ext. & Rural Dev. (iii) Food Science & Tech. (iv) Forestry and Wood Tech. (v) Animal Sc. & Fisheries Mgt (vi) Crop Production (vii) Home Science & Mgt.
- Kebbi State University, Kebbi
- Ladoke Akintola University of Technology, Ogbomoso (LAUTECH)
- Ibrahim Badamasi Babangida University, Lapai (IBBU) with options in: Agric. Economics., Agric. Ext. & Rural Dev and Agricultural Production & Renewable Resources
- Cross River State University of Science &Technology, Calabar (CRUTECH) (with option in:) (i) Agricultural Economics and Extension (ii) Animal Science (iii) Agronomy
- Benson Idahosa University, Benin City (with options in: i)Agricultural Economics and Extension Services ii) Animal Production iii) Animal Science iv) Crop Production v) Soil Science vi) Fishery vii) Forestry and Wild Life and Environmental Management
- Kogi State University Anyigba with options in: i) Agric. Economics and Extension ii) Animal Production iii) Crop Production iv) Soil Science Adamawa State University Mubi (ADSU) (with options in:) (i) Agricultural Economics and Extension ii. Animal Production iii. Crop Protection iv. Soil Science
- Igbinedion University Okada
- University of Abuja, Gwagwalada
- University of Uyo (with options in: i. Agric. Economics & Extension ii. Crop Science iii. Soil Science iv. Animal Science
- Ebonyi State University, Abakaliki Click to read conditions
- Crawford University Igbesa (offers the course as Agricultural \Mechanization and Technology)
- Delta State University, Abraka (DELSU) Click to read conditions
- University of Jos (UNIJOS) Click to read conditions
- Kaduna State University, Kaduna (KASU) Click to read conditions
- Kwara State University, Ilorin (KWASU)
- Wesley University of Science & Technology, Ondo
Where can I work with a Degree in Agriculture?
I believe you now know the subjects required to study Agriculture. I urge you to also find out where you can work with the degree. Please take your time to read The Act of Getting a Job – so you would know what you’re up against after graduating. Career opportunities will be added when we revisit this page.
The SSCE O level and A-level subject needed to study Agriculture have been listed above but, some Universities may accept D7 or E8 in some a compulsory subject instead of Credit. And some may accept or reject two sittings. That is combinations of WAEC, NECO, or GCE results. You will know more when you take a look at the special consideration (waiver) for this course if available. Please take note that when you see Check
, it simply means the special consideration for this course had been merge with a related course to save space. So it is advisable to click the link or search with the search bar.
- WAEC, JAMB Subject Combinations for Crop Production
- WAEC, JAMB Subject Combination for Animal Science
- WAEC, JAMB Subject Combinations for Soil Science
- WAEC, JAMB UTME Subject Combination for Agronomy
- WAEC, JAMB UTME Subject for Animal Production and Health Services
- WAEC, JAMB UTME Subject for Animal Nutrition
- WAEC, JAMB UTME Subject for Crop Science and Technology
- WAEC, JAMB UTME Subject Combinations for Forestry
- WAEC, JAMB UTME Subject for Crop Production Technology
- WAEC, JAMB UTME Subject for Agricultural Economics