Admission Requirement to Study Food Science and Technology – Under Agriculture; including WAEC, NECO, GCE, JAMB UTME, Direct Entry, IJBM, JUPEB, CAMBRIDGE, NABTEB Subject Combinations, Course Description and Career Opportunities
To study this course in Nigeria Universities, you must fulfil the admission requirements which must include one or a combination of ‘O’ level results. This page will literally answer questions such as WAEC subject combination, JAMB UTME subject combination, Direct Entry requirements, Special consideration (waivers), Course description and the required documents for admission into Nigeria universities. And if you’re still having difficulties with getting admission in Nigeria, maybe it’s time you consider studying online or study abroad for free through scholarships
You must have Five credit in subjects needed to study Food Science and Technology in WAEC. This subject combination is also applicable to NECO AND GCE… The core O level that is the compulsory WAEC subject combinations for Food Science and Technology must include:
- English Language
- Biology/Agric. Science
- Physics, Basic Catering and Food Services, Bakery and Confectionaries, Hotel & Catering Crafty course (Cookery), Hotel & Catering Craft Course (Food /Drinks Services) and Basic Electricity
- A trade subject
What is JAMB UTME subject combinations (subject needed) for Food Science and Technology?
You should aim for a score of 200 and above in JAMB UTME to be on a safe side. (Just an advice). If you score 180 and above in this recent JAMB UTME- All is well with you, but if your score is below 180, Please consider College or Polytechnic. Don’t expect JAMB score upgrade. White collar Scammers are everywhere. JAMB UTME subject combination (subject needed) for Food Science and Technology are:
- Mathematics/ Physics
- Agric Science
What is Direct Entry requirement (that is the required A level result you need) to study Food Science and Technology?
Two ‘A’ level passes in Chemistry and Biology/Physics/Agric Science/Botany/Zoology
So now that you know the compulsory WAEC, JAMB subject combination for Food Science and Technology, (which is also applicable to NECO and GCE) as well as A level result/certificate. Do you know which Universities in Nigeria offer Food Science and Technology?
Before you make a decision on which University to choose, please consider
- The Fees
- The Distance
- The Environment
- The Degree Certificate
- Vulnerability to Strike
- Acceptable O Level and A level Result
- Academic Calendar
See useful guides on how to choose a course and university
Nigeria Universities offering Food Science and Technology are:
- Abia State University, Uturu
- Bayero University, Kano
- Bells University of Technology, Otta
- Bowen University, Iwo
- Crawford University Igbesa
- University of Calabar (UNICAL)
- Ebonyi State University, Abakaliki
- Enugu State University of Science and Technology, Enugu (ESUT)
- Federal University, Oye-Ekiti, Ekiti State
- Federal University, Wukari, Taraba State (FUWUKARI)
- Federal University of Agriculture, Abeokuta (FUNAAB)
- Federal University of Technology, Akure
- Imo State University, Owerri (IMSU)
- Joseph Ayo Babalola University, Ikeji-Arakeji
- Kogi State University Anyigba
- Kano University of Science & Technology, Wudil (KUST)
- University of Agriculture, Makurdi
- Modibbo Adama University of Technology, Yola (MAUTY)
- Federal University of Technology, Minna (FUTMINNA)
- University of Mkar, Mkar
- River State University of Science and Technology (RSUST)
- Michael Okpara University of Agricultural Umudike
- Nnamdi Azikiwe University, Awka (UNIZIK)
- University of Nigeria, Nsukka (UNN)
- University of Uyo.
Course Description for Food Science and Technology:
We are still working on a number of things. We will add a description for this course later on. But if you’re willing to add a description, we will appreciate.
Where can I work with a Degree in Food Science and Technology?
Having a Degree in Food Science and Technology does not limit you to a particular work environment. Career opportunities will be added when we revisit this page.
The general WAEC, NECO or GCE core subject combination for Food Science and Technology have been listed above but, some Universities may accept Pass in some a compulsory subject instead of Credit. And some may accept or reject two sittings. That is combinations of WAEC, NECO, or GCE results. You will know more when you take a look at the special consideration (waiver) for this course if available. Please take note that when you see Check, it simply means the special consideration for this course had been merge with a related course to save space. So it is advisable to click the link or search with the search bar.
- Requirements to Study Agricultural Economics
- WAEC, JAMB Subject Combinations for Fisheries – Under Agriculture
- Study Home Science and Management
- WAEC, JAMB Subject Combinations for Soil Science
- Requirements to Study Home Economics
- Requirements to Study Agric Extension Services
- WAEC, JAMB Subject Combinations for Agriculture