O Level & A Level Requirement – Subject Combination for Soil Science; including the List of Nigeria Universities Offering the Course, WAEC, NECO, GCE, JAMB UTME, Direct Entry, IJBM, JUPEB, CAMBRIDGE, NABTEB, Course Description and Career Opportunities
- JAMB officially classified this course under Faculty/School/College of Agriculture/Vet. Medicine.
- Probable Degree type – [B. Agric. (B.Sc. (Hons.) B. Tech. (Hons.) B. Agric. Tech.) DVM]
The admission requirement to study Soil Science in Nigeria Universities includes one or a combination of ‘O’ level results or A-level result if you’re going through Direct Entry. This page will literally answer questions such as WAEC subject combination, JAMB UTME subject combination, Direct Entry requirements, Special consideration (waivers), where you can work with the degree and the required documents for admission into Nigeria universities. If you’re still having difficulties with getting admission in Nigeria Universities, we have some post that may be of benefit to you.
What is O level/WAEC subject combination (requirement) for Soil Science?
The subjects needed to study Soil Science in WAEC must contain five (5) credit. This subject combination is also applicable to NECO AND GCE… The O level requirement that is the compulsory WAEC subject combination for Soil Science must include:
- English Language
- Biology/Agricultural Science
- Any other Science subject.
- A trade subject
What is JAMB UTME subject combination (subject needed) for Soil Science?
The subject needed in WAEC to study Soil Science may differ from JAMB UTME subject combination. You should aim for a score of 180 – 200 and above in JAMB UTME to be on a safe side (Just an advice) because anything short of that may deny you of Admission/Post UTME. Of course, if you have a score below 180, you can consider College of Education or Polytechnic… Don’t expect JAMB score upgrade. White collar Scammers are everywhere. JAMB UTME subject combination (subject needed) for Soil Science are
- Agricultural Science plus Mathematics or Physics
What is Direct Entry requirement (that is the required A-level result you need) to study Soil Science?
Two ‘A’ level passes in Chemistry and one of Zoology/Botany/Agric Science/Biology, Geography, Mathematics, Physics, Geology, Economics and Health Science
List of Nigeria Universities offering Soil Science:
- Ambrose Alli University, Ekpoma
- Abia State University, Uturu
- Akwa Ibom State University of Technology, Uyo
- Chukwuemeka Odumegwu Ojukwu University, Uli
- University of Benin (UNIBEN)
- University of Calabar (UNICAL)
- Delta State University, Abraka (DELSU) Click to read conditions
- Imo State University, Owerri (IMSU)
- University of Agriculture, Makurdi
- Modibbo Adama University of Technology, Yola (MAUTY)
- Obafemi Awolowo University,Ile-Ife (OAU)
- River State University of Science and Technology (RSUST)
- Salem University, Lokoja Click to read conditions
- Michael Okpara University of Agricultural Umudike
- University of Nigeria, Nsukka (UNN)
- University of Uyo
Where can I work with a Degree in Soil Science?
I believe you now know the subjects required to study Soil Science. I urge you to also find out where you can work with the degree. Please take your time to read The Act of Getting a Job – so you would know what you’re up against after graduating. Career opportunities will be added when we revisit this page.
The SSCE O level and A-level subject needed to study Soil Science have been listed above but, some Universities may accept D7 or E8 in some a compulsory subject instead of Credit. And some may accept or reject two sittings. That is combinations of WAEC, NECO, or GCE results. You will know more when you take a look at the special consideration (waiver) for this course if available. Please take note that when you see Check
, it simply means the special consideration for this course had been merge with a related course to save space. So it is advisable to click the link or search with the search bar.
- WAEC, JAMB UTME Subject for Soil Science and Technology
- WAEC, JAMB UTME Subject for Crop Production and Soil Science
- Study Soil Science and Land Management
- WAEC, JAMB UTME Subject for Crop, Soil and Pest Management
- WAEC, JAMB UTME Subject for Soil and Environmental Management
- WAEC, JAMB UTME Subject for Soil Science and Land Agro-Climatology
- WAEC, JAMB Subject for Crop, Soil and Environmental Science
- WAEC, JAMB UTME Subject Combination for Agriculture
- WAEC, JAMB UTME Subject for Wildlife Management – Under Agriculture
- WAEC, JAMB Subject Combinations for Crop Production