(Admission) O Level & A Level Requirement for Management Studies; including WAEC, NECO, GCE, JAMB UTME, Direct Entry, IJBM, JUPEB, CAMBRIDGE, NABTEB Subject Combinations, Course Description and Career Opportunities
The admission requirement to study Management Studies in Nigeria Universities includes one or a combination of ‘O’ level results or A-level result if you’re going through Direct Entry. This page will literally answer questions such as WAEC subject combination, JAMB UTME subject combination, Direct Entry requirements, Special consideration (waivers), where you can work with the degree and the required documents for admission into Nigeria universities. If you’re still having difficulties with getting admission in Nigeria Universities, we have some post that may be of benefit to you.
- How to study online course and earn a degree
- Study abroad for free through scholarships
- How to gain admission easily into Nigeria Universities
The subjects needed to study Management Studies in WAEC must contain five (5) credit. This subject combination is also applicable to NECO AND GCE… The O level requirement that is the compulsory WAEC subject combination for Management Studies must include:
- English Language
- Plus any two of Accounting, Business Methods, Commerce, Govt, Geog, and Statistics.
- A trade subject
What is JAMB UTME subject combination (subject needed) for Management Studies?
You should aim for a score of 180 – 200 and above in JAMB UTME to be on a safe side (Just an advice) because anything short of that may deny you of Admission/Post UTME. Of course, if you have a score below 180, you can consider College of Education or Polytechnic… Please note – JAMB is not the only option for admission. If you’re having troubles JAMB UTME maybe it’s time you pass through IJBM, JUBEB, ND or Predegree. JAMB UTME subject combination for Management Studies include:
- Mathematics If you don’t have credit in Mathematics, Click here fast
- Plus one other subject
What is Direct Entry requirement (that is the required A-level result you need) to study Management Studies?
Two ‘A’ level passes chosen from Economics, Accounts, Business Management, Government, Geography or Statistics
Just a reminder: Everything you have read so far is a general requirement, it is expedient that you also check the special consideration for this course below. If for some reasons you are not satisfied or cannot meet up with the subject combination above, perhaps you should consider taking a look at Polytechnic or College of Education related course subject requirements. You can also study online with a foreign university right from your bedroom or apply for a scholarship to study abroad. Education is now a choice.
List of Nigeria Universities offering Management Studies include:
- Imo State University, Owerri (IMSU)
- American University of Nigeria, Yola (AUN) (offers the course as Management)
- Plateau State University Bokkos (PLASU)
Where can I work with a Degree in Management Studies?
I believe you now know what is required of you study Management Studies. I urge you to find out where you can work with the degree. Please take your time to read The Act of Getting a Job – so you would know what you’re up against after graduating. Career opportunities will be added when we revisit this page.
The SSCE O level and A-level subject needed to study Management Studies have been listed above but, some Universities may accept D7 or E8 in some a compulsory subject instead of Credit. And some may accept or reject two sittings. That is combinations of WAEC, NECO, or GCE results. You will know more when you take a look at the special consideration (waiver) for this course if available. Please take note that when you see Check, it simply means the special consideration for this course had been merge with a related course to save space. So it is advisable to click the link or search with the search bar.
- WAEC, JAMB Subject Combination for Tourism Studies
- WAEC, JAMB Subject Combination for Personnel Management
- WAEC, JAMB Subject for Office and Information Management
- WAEC, JAMB Subject for Business Management – Under Administration
- WAEC, JAMB Subject Combinations for Banking/Finance
- WAEC, JAMB Subject Combinations for Secretarial Administration
- WAEC, JAMB Subject Combination for Accounting/Accountancy
- Study Cooperative Economics and Management
- Study Film and Video Studies – Under Administration
- Study International Relations and Strategic Studies