Admission Requirement to Study Accounting/Accountancy; including WAEC, NECO, GCE, JAMB UTME, Direct Entry, IJBM, JUPEB, CAMBRIDGE, NABTEB Subject Combinations, Course Description and Career Opportunities
To study this course in Nigeria Universities, you must fulfil the admission requirements which must include one or a combination of ‘O’ level results. This page will literally answer questions such as WAEC subject combination, JAMB UTME subject combination, Direct Entry requirements, Special consideration (waivers), Course description and the required documents for admission into Nigeria universities. And if you’re still having difficulties with getting admission in Nigeria, maybe it’s time you consider studying online or study abroad for free through scholarships
You must have Five credit in subjects needed to study Accounting/Accountancy in WAEC. This subject combination is also applicable to NECO AND GCE… The core O level that is the compulsory WAEC subject combinations for Accounting/Accountancy must include:
- English Language
- Economics and any other two relevant subjects.
- A trade subject
For NBC holders, the other two relevant subjects could be from any of Accounting, Principles of Accounts, Commerce, Office Practice and Secretarial Duties
What is JAMB UTME subject combination (subject needed) for Accounting/Accountancy?
You should aim for a score of 200 and above in JAMB UTME to be on a safe side. (Just an advice). If you score 180 and above in this recent JAMB UTME- All is well with you, but if your score is below 180, Please consider College or Polytechnic.. Don’t expect JAMB score upgrade. White collar Scammers are everywhere. JAMB is not the only option for admission. If you’re having troubles passing JAMB UTME maybe it’s time you pass through IJBM, JUBEB or Predegree. JAMB UTME subject combinations for Accounting/Accountancy are:
- Mathematics If you don’t have credit in Mathematics, Click here fast
- Plus any Social Science subject.
Two ‘A’ level passes chosen from Economics, Accounting, Business Management, Government and Geography
Just a reminder: Everything you have read so far is a general requirement, it is expedient that you also check the special consideration for this course below. If for some reasons you are not satisfied or cannot meet up with the subject combinations above, perhaps you should consider taking a look at Polytechnic or College of Education related course subject requirements. You can also study online with a foreign university right from your bedroom or apply for a scholarship to study abroad. Education is now a choice.
So now that you know the compulsory WAEC, JAMB subject combination for Accounting/Accountancy, (which is also applicable to NECO and GCE) as well as A level result/certificate. Do you know which Universities in Nigeria offer Accounting/Accountancy?
Nigerian Universities offering Accounting/Accountancy are:
- Adekunle Ajasin University, Akungba
- Abia State University, Uturu
- Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria
- University of Abuja, Gwagwalada
- Chukwuemeka Odumegwu Ojukwu University, Uli
- American University of Nigeria, Yola (AUN)
- Bauchi State University, Gadau
- Benue State University, Makurdi
- Caritas University, Enugu
- Cross River State University of Science &Technology, Calabar (CRUTECH)
- Ebonyi State University, Abakaliki
- Ekiti State University
- Elizade University, Ilara-Mokin
- Eastern Palm University Ogboko, Imo State
- Evangel University, Akaeze
- Federal University, Dutsin-Ma, Katsina (FUDUSOK)
- Federal University, Kashere, Gombe State (FUKASHERE)
- Federal University, Wukari, Taraba State (FUWUKARI)
- Igbinedion University Okada
- Imo State University, Owerri (IMSU)
- Kwararafa University, Wukari
- University of Jos (UNIJOS)
- University of Lagos (UNILAG)
- Lagos State University, Ojo (LASU)
- Lead City University, Ibadan
- Madonna University, Okija
- University of Maiduguri (UNIMAID)
- Mcpherson University, Seriki Sotayo, Ajebo
- University of Mkar, Mkar
- Nasarawa State University Keffi (NSUK), Obafemi Awolowo University,Ile-Ife (OAU), University of Port-Harcourt (UNIPORT), Plateau State University Bokkos (PLASU), River State University of Science and Technology (RSUST), Usumanu Danfodiyo University (UDUSOK), Osun State University Osogbo (UNIOSUN), Nnamdi Azikiwe University, Awka (UNIZIK), University of Nigeria, Nsukka (UNN), University of Uyo, Wellspring University, Evbuobanosa – Edo State, WESTERN-DE.
Course Description for Accounting/Accountancy:
We are still working on a number of things. We will add a description for this course later on. But if you’re willing to add a description, we will appreciate.
Where can I work with a Degree in Accounting/Accountancy?
Having a Degree in Accounting/Accountancy does not limit you to a particular work environment. Career opportunities will be added when we revisit this page.
The general WAEC, NECO or GCE core subject combination for Accounting/Accountancy have been listed above but, some Universities may accept Pass in some a compulsory subject instead of Credit. And some may accept or reject two sittings. That is combinations of WAEC, NECO, or GCE results. You will know more when you take a look at the special consideration (waiver) for this course if available. Please take note that when you see Check, it simply means the special consideration for this course had been merge with a related course to save space. So it is advisable to click the link or search with the search bar.
- Study Business Administration – Under Administration
- Requirements to Study Insurance – Under Administration
- WAEC, JAMB Subject Combinations for Banking/Finance
- Requirements to Study Marketing – Under Administration
- Requirements to Study Economics – Under Administration
- Study Business Management – Under Administration
- Requirements to Study Public Administration – Under Administration