Like seriously, are you one of those sitting at home pondering about studying abroad? thinking… if I have my way, I would study abroad – So what’s stopping you. uhmm? Money right? I guess you don’t know you can study abroad without paying a dime. And for a fact, foreign universities now have campuses scattered all over especially in African countries because they know that the cost of travelling over may cause you to lose faith in studying abroad.
One very common requirement to study abroad is to know the very reason why you wish to study abroad. Why not study at own country? Study abroad simply means leaving your country to study in another country, albeit there is more. Studying abroad also gives you a real opportunity to study people, culture, entertainment, food, rules, art, environment, fashion etc. More of what you see you learn, what you hear you learn. What you see on television and through the internet will become tasteless when you experience it for real. When you study abroad, your orientation towards people and society will change because your perceptions will be altered. You would look different and large if you’re academically sound.
Means of studying abroad
Back to my first paragraph, so many students like you think studying abroad is for the rich – wrong thought. Studying abroad has no rules that say – for the rich only. With the right information, anybody can study abroad. Those who are financially incapable can rely on the power of scholarships to study abroad. Whether you’re secondary school students, undergraduate, postgraduate etc, Yes, you can study abroad free. Every year, over 70 million scholarship is made available to the general public and UNICEF is doing a good job to ensure everyone gets access to quality education. Some countries also do well by inviting foreign student into their educational system by providing partial scholarships and this in turn foster international relations. Ok. Let me share with you the benefits of studying abroad thereafter I will continue with this paragraph.
Benefits of studying abroad
There are numerous benefits of studying abroad and I have mentioned few at the first paragraph.
- Your Degree Certificate is distinct from others – Recruiters will respect you
- Employment opportunities are high because employers love candidates with international experience
- Personality change – Your outlook towards life changes
- Independent, mature, and tolerant of cultural differences
- Understand a foreign language (if you study in a non-speaking English country)
- Personal development which will impact your community
Which Country is best to study abroad?
There is no such thing as best country study abroad. You have to consider the course you want to study first, then perform a thorough search on countries offering such course and at what cost – that is the cost of living in that country and the tuition fees. You may also consider the culture and weather; don’t go schooling in a country were the weather is bad for your health – Don’t die learning. Some countries and cities have carved a study niche for themselves. For example:
- If you wish to study Fashion Design abroad – Paris is Paris
- If you wish to learn Music abroad without limitations – Vietanme tres bon
- If you wish to study Business abroad – London is Don
- If you wish to study Technology abroad – Japan fills the gap
- If you wish to study History – Italy owns history
- If you wish to study Entertainment – Hollywood rules
Requirement/Qualifications to study abroad
Each country offering admission to offering students has a specific requirement made available on their website but the most common requirement to study abroad is a language test
- Letter of recommendation
Back to means of studying abroad. To save the cost of travelling abroad to study, most foreign universities now offer student like you the chance to study abroad right from your bedroom. This is what we call Online Study or Distance Learning where you have to choose between asynchronous or synchronous learning. Some universities, having realised that travelling over is the best experience because aside from learning by books and observations, you’ve got real stories to tell. These universities have established campuses at possible locations. For example, Lancaster University UK in Ghana allows students across Africa to access Lancaster’s academic excellence in teaching and research on the African continent. If you reside in Nigeria, you can easily board a bus straight to Ghana and besides, they have an office in Lagos Nigeria for face2face enquiry. Don’t worry yourself with passing JAMB UTME or Post UTME.
I got a bit of information about Lancaster University requirement for those interested
Admission to the Foundation programme of Lancaster University UK in Ghana is based on:
West African Curriculum:
Grade C minimum in the best 5 subjects of the WASSCE with a minimum of C4 in Math and C4 in English
English Proficiency Test results (either IELTS, PTE) for those who score below C4 for English
SAT when necessary
Minimum of 17years
Admission to the first year of each undergraduate degree programme will be based on either:
Three GCE Advanced Levels (Grade C or above) with five credits at ‘O’ Level (IGCSE/GCSE/O levels-minimum of grade C in Maths and English)
Students achieving a pass (50% or above) in the Foundation Year at the Lancaster University site in Accra or equivalent standard in another Foundation Programme approved by Lancaster University
Minimum of 18 years
To Study abroad is ever easy in this 21st century. All you need is the right information and direction. If I were you, I will start filling applications to study abroad or scholarship to study abroad. Fill all the available application you can find and surely, one of them will accept you. Universities offering Masters programmes also accept Degree programmes.
I am currently doing a research on countries you can study abroad for free. If you wish to get an update when I write an article on it, Please like my page on facebook.
- Federal University of Technology, Akure (FUTA) Admission Requirements
- Courses and Faculties in Nigeria Universities
- National Open University of Nigeria (NOUN) Admission Requirements
- Samuel Adegboyega University Admission Requirements
- Ebonyi State University, Abakaliki (ebsu) Admission Requirement
- Can You Really Upgrade Your JAMB UTME 2018 Scores?
- Rhema University Admission Requirements
- University of Ilorin (unilorin) Admission Requirement
- Delta State University, Abraka (delsu) Admission Requirements
- Tai Solarin University of Education (tasued) Admission Requirements