Admission Requirement to Veterinary Medicine including WAEC, NECO, GCE, JAMB UTME, Direct Entry, IJBM, JUPEB, CAMBRIDGE, NABTEB Subject Combinations, Course Description and Career Opportunities
You’re viewing a course under Faculty/School/College of Medical, Pharmaceutical and Health Science – Obtainable Degree – [M.B.B.S., MB.B.Ch.B., B.D.S., B.Ch.D., Pharm.B, B.SC].
To study this course in Nigeria Universities, you must fulfil the admission requirements which must include one or a combination of ‘O’ level results. This page will literally answer questions such as WAEC subject combination, JAMB UTME subject combination, Direct Entry requirements, Special consideration (waivers), Course description and the required documents for admission into Nigeria universities. And if you’re still having difficulties with getting admission in Nigeria, maybe it’s time you consider studying online or study abroad for free through scholarships
You must have Five credit in subjects needed to study Veterinary Medicine in WAEC. This subject combination is also applicable to NECO AND GCE… The core O level that is the compulsory WAEC subject combinations for Veterinary Medicine must include:
What is JAMB UTME subject combination (subject needed) for Veterinary Medicine?
You should aim for a score of 200 and above in JAMB UTME to be on a safe side. (Just an advice). If you score 180 and above in this recent JAMB UTME- All is well with you, but if your score is below 180, Please consider College or Polytechnic.. Don’t expect JAMB score upgrade. White collar Scammers are everywhere. JAMB is not the only option for admission. If you’re having troubles passing JAMB UTME maybe it’s time you pass through IJBM, JUBEB or Predegree. JAMB UTME subject combinations for Veterinary Medicine are
A’ level passes in Chemistry, Biology/Zoology, Physics or Mathematics
Just a reminder: Everything you have read so far is a general requirement, it is expedient that you also check the special consideration for this course below. If for some reasons you are not satisfied or cannot meet up with the subject combinations above, perhaps you should consider taking a look at Polytechnic or College of Education related course subject requirements. You can also study online with a foreign university right from your bedroom or apply for a scholarship to study abroad. Education is now a choice.
So now that you know the compulsory WAEC, JAMB subject combination for Veterinary Medicine, (which is also applicable to NECO and GCE) as well as A level result/certificate. Do you know which Universities in Nigeria offer Veterinary Medicine?
Before you make a decision on which University to choose, please consider
- The Fees
- The Distance
- The Environment
- The Degree Certificate
- Vulnerability to Strike
- Acceptable O Level and A level Result
- Academic Calendar
[##]See useful guides on how to choose a course and university
Nigeria Universities offering Veterinary Medicine are:
- Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria
- University of Abuja, Gwagwalada
- University of Ibadan (UI)
- University of Ilorin (UNILORIN)
- University of Maiduguri (UNIMAID)
- University of Agriculture, Makurdi (with option in:) Public Health and Preventive Medicine, Veterinary Pathology and Microbiology, Veterinary Animal Production, Veterinary Anatomy, Veterinary Surgery and Theriogenology, Veterinary Physiology and Pharmacology
- Usumanu Danfodiyo University (UDUSOK)
- Michael Okpara University of Agricultural Umudike
- Federal University of Agriculture, Abeokuta (FUNAAB)
- University of Nigeria, Nsukka (UNN)
Course Description for Veterinary Medicine:
Very few Nigerian students study this great course. It deals with the welfare of both domesticated and wild animals. It equips a student with knowledge of animal health and its likely effect on human, their diseases, treatment, and preventions… …Click here to improve this course description.
Where can I work with a Degree in Veterinary Medicine?
Having a Degree in Veterinary Medicine does not limit you to a particular work environment. Career opportunities will be added when we revisit this page.
The general WAEC, NECO or GCE core subject combination for Veterinary Medicine have been listed above but, some Universities may accept Pass in some a compulsory subject instead of Credit. And some may accept or reject two sittings. That is combinations of WAEC, NECO, or GCE results. You will know more when you take a look at the special consideration (waiver) for this course if available. Please take note that when you see Check, it simply means the special consideration for this course had been merge with a related course to save space. So it is advisable to click the link or search with the search bar.
- Requirements to Study Nutrition and Dietetics – Under Medicine
- WAEC, JAMB Subject Combinations for Medicine and Surgery
- WAEC, JAMB Subject Combinations for Biochemistry – Under Medicine
- Requirements to Study Biomedical Technology – Under Medicine
- WAEC, JAMB Subject Combinations for Physiotherapy
- Admission Requirement Study Medical Biochemistry
- WAEC, JAMB Subject Combinations for Physiology