Admission Requirement to Study Medicine and Surgery; including WAEC, NECO, GCE, JAMB UTME, Direct Entry, IJBM, JUPEB, CAMBRIDGE, NABTEB Subject Combinations, Course Description and Career Opportunities
To study this course in Nigeria Universities, you must fulfil the admission requirements which must include one or a combination of ‘O’ level results. This page will literally answer questions such as WAEC subject combination, JAMB UTME subject combination, Direct Entry requirements, Special consideration (waivers), Course description and the required documents for admission into Nigeria universities. And if you’re still having difficulties with getting admission in Nigeria, maybe it’s time you consider studying online or study abroad for free through scholarships
You must have Five credit in subjects needed to study Medicine and Surgery in WAEC. This subject combination is also applicable to NECO AND GCE… The core O level that is the compulsory WAEC subject combinations for Medicine and Surgery must include:
What is JAMB UTME subject combination (subject needed) for Medicine and Surgery?
You should aim for a score of 200 and above in JAMB UTME to be on a safe side. (Just an advice). If you score 180 and above in this recent JAMB UTME- All is well with you, but if your score is below 180, Please consider College or Polytechnic.. Don’t expect JAMB score upgrade. White collar Scammers are everywhere. JAMB is not the only option for admission. If you’re having troubles passing JAMB UTME maybe it’s time you pass through IJBM, JUBEB or Predegree. JAMB UTME subject combinations for Medicine and Surgery are
(i) ‘A’ level passes in Physics, Chemistry, and Biology or Zoology in addition to UTME requirements.
(ii) BSC, BOS, etc in relevant fields.
Just a reminder: Everything you have read so far is a general requirement, it is expedient that you also check the special consideration for this course below. If for some reasons you are not satisfied or cannot meet up with the subject combinations above, perhaps you should consider taking a look at Polytechnic or College of Education related course subject requirements. You can also study online with a foreign university right from your bedroom or apply for a scholarship to study abroad. Education is now a choice.
So now that you know the compulsory WAEC, JAMB subject combination for Medicine and Surgery, (which is also applicable to NECO and GCE) as well as A level result/certificate. Do you know which Universities in Nigeria offer Medicine and Surgery?
Before you make a decision on which University to choose, please consider
- The Fees
- The Distance
- The Environment
- The Degree Certificate
- Vulnerability to Strike
- Acceptable O Level and A level Result
- Academic Calendar
[##]See useful guides on how to choose a course and university
Nigeria Universities offering Medicine and Surgery are:
- Ambrose Alli University, Ekpoma
- Abia State University, Uturu
- Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria
- Afe Babalola University, Ado-Ekiti – Ekiti State
- University of Abuja, Gwagwalada
- Chukwuemeka Odumegwu Ojukwu University, Uli
- Babcock University,Ilishan-Remo
- Bayero University, Kano
- University of Benin (UNIBEN)
- ECWA Bingham University, New Karu
- Bowen University, Iwo
- Benue State University, Makurdi
- University of Calabar (UNICAL)
- Delta State University, Abraka (DELSU)
- Ebonyi State University, Abakaliki
- Ekiti State University
- Enugu State University of Science and Technology, Enugu (ESUT)
- Gregory University, Uturu
- Gombe State University, Gombe
- University of Ibadan (UI), Igbinedion University Okada , University of Ilorin (UNILORIN), Imo State University, Owerri (IMSU), University of Jos (UNIJOS), Kogi State University Anyigba, University of Lagos (UNILAG), Lagos State University, Ojo (LASU), Ladoke Akintola University of Technology, Ogbomoso (LAUTECH), Madonna University, Okija, University of Maiduguri (UNIMAID), Niger Delta University Yenagoa (NDU), Nile University of Nigeria, Abuja, Obafemi Awolowo University,Ile-Ife (OAU), Olabisi Onabanjo University, Ago Iwoye, Ondo State University of Medical Sciences (OSUMS), University of Port-Harcourt (UNIPORT), Usumanu Danfodiyo University (UDUSOK), Osun State University Osogbo (UNIOSUN), Nnamdi Azikiwe University, Awka (UNIZIK), University of Nigeria, Nsukka (UNN), University of Uyo.
Course Description for Medicine and Surgery:
Medicine and Surgery is a powerful course. It is a highly challenging but extremely rewarding programme that will give you the medical knowledge, clinical and research skills, attitudes, awareness and enthusiasm for a vocation in any field of medicine. Click here to improve this course description.
Where can I work with a Degree in Medicine and Surgery?
Having a Degree in Medicine and Surgery does not limit you to a particular work environment. Career opportunities will be added when we revisit this page.
The general WAEC, NECO or GCE core subject combination for Medicine and Surgery have been listed above but, some Universities may accept Pass in some a compulsory subject instead of Credit. And some may accept or reject two sittings. That is combinations of WAEC, NECO, or GCE results. You will know more when you take a look at the special consideration (waiver) for this course if available. Please take note that when you see Check, it simply means the special consideration for this course had been merge with a related course to save space. So it is advisable to click the link or search with the search bar.
- Requirements to Study Dentistry and Dental Surgery
- WAEC, JAMB Subject Combinations for Veterinary Medicine
- WAEC, JAMB Subject Combinations for Pharmacy
- WAEC, JAMB Subject Combinations for Biochemistry – Under Medicine
- Study Medical Laboratory Science – Under Medicine
- WAEC, JAMB Subject Combinations for Physiology
- WAEC, JAMB Subject Combinations for Optometry – Under Medicine