Admission Requirement to Study Agriculture; including WAEC, NECO, GCE, JAMB UTME, Direct Entry subject combination, Course Description, Career opportunities, Job Vacancies etc
What is WAEC, NECO or GCE subject combination (requirement) to study Agriculture?
You must have Five credit in WAEC, NECO, or GCE (or combination of O level result) to study Agriculture. The core WAEC, NECO or GCE subject combination for Agriculture must include:
- English Language
- Biology/Agric Science
- Anyone of Mathematics, Physics, Geography and Economics
- A trade subject
Now you know the subject needed for Agriculture, do you know which Nigeria Universities offer Agriculture?
Nigerian Universities offering Agriculture are:
- UNILORIN with options in: (i) Crop Protection (ii) Animal Production (iii) Agric-Economics & Farm Mgt. (iv) Agric. Extension & Rural Development. (v) Agronomy
- UNIMAID (General Agriculture)
- IMSU with options in: (a) Crop Science and Biotech b) Agric. Economics and Rural Dev. and Extension c) Soil Science and Env. Mgt. d) Animal Science and Fisheries
- FED-DUTSE With options in: (A) (i) Agric Economics and Extension (ii) Animal Science (iii) Crop Science (iv) Crop Protection (v) Soil Science (B) Fisheries and Aquaculture (C) Forestry and Wildlife Management
- FED-DUTSINMA With options in : (a) Agric Economics, Extension and Rural Sociology (b) Animal Health Production (c) Crop Production and Protection (d) Soil Science
- FED-OYEEKITI With options in : (a) Agric Economics and Extension (b) Animal Production and Health (c) Soil Science (d) Crop Science and Horticulture
- FED-WUKARI With options in: (a) Agric Economics/ Extension (b) Crop Production and protection (c) Anima Production and Health (d) Soil Science and Land Resources Management
- FED-KASHERE With options in : (a) Agric Economics and Extension Services (b) Agronomy (c) Animal Science (d) Soil Science
- UMUDIKE with options at the final year in: (i) Agric Economics. (ii) Agric Extension & Rural Sociology. (iii) Animal Production (iv) Plant Health Management (v) Soil Science & Agro-Climatology (vi) Agronomy
- UNIZIK With options in: i. Agric Economics & Ext. ii. Animal Science & Technology iii. Crop Science & Horticulture iv. Fishery & Aquaculture v. Food & Technology vi. Forestry & Wildlife Mgt. vii. Soil Science & Technology
- UNN with options in: i) Agric Business and Farm Management ii) Agric Economics iii) Agric Ext. and Rural Sociology iv) Animal Production v) Crop Production vi) Soil Science & Farm Mechanisation.
- EKSU with options in: i. Crop Science & Env. Sc. ii. Animal Prod. & Crop Sc. iii. Agric-Economics & Ext. Services. iv. Forestry, Wildlife & Fisheries
- BUK (BAYERO) with options in: (a) Soil Science (b) Agronomy (c) Crop Sc. (d) Crop Protection (e) Agric – Economics (f) Animal Science
- BOWEN with options in: (i) Agric-Economics & Farm Mgt. (ii) Agric Ext. & Rural Dev. (iii) Food Science & Tech. (iv) Forestry and Wood Tech. (v) Animal Sc. & Fisheries Mgt (vi) Crop Production (vii) Home Science & Mgt.
- IBBU (LAPAI) with options in: Agric. Economics., Agric. Ext. & Rural Dev and Agricultural Production & Renewable Resources
- CRUTECH (with option in:) (i) Agricultural Economics and Extension (ii) Animal Science (iii) Agronomy
- BIU (with options in: i)Agricultural Economics and Extension Services ii) Animal Production iii) Animal Science iv) Crop Production v) Soil Science vi) Fishery vii) Forestry and Wild Life and Environmental Management
- KSU with options in: i) Agric. Economics and Extension ii) Animal Production iii) Crop Production iv) Soil Science ADSU (with options in:) (i) Agricultural Economics and Ex tension ii. Animal Production iii. Crop Protection iv. Soil Science
- UNIUYO (with options in: i. Agric. Economics & Extension ii. Crop Science iii. Soil Science iv. Animal Science
- CRAWFORD (offers the course as Agricultural \Mechanization and Technology)
What is JAMB UTME subject combination (requirement) to study Agriculture?
You should aim for a score of 200 and above in JAMB UTME to be on a safe side. (Just an advice). JAMB UTME subject combination to study Agriculture are
- Choose one of Physics and Mathematics
What is Direct Entry requirement to study Agriculture?
Two A level passes in Chemistry and one from Biology/Botany/Zoology/ Agric Science, Economics, Physics, Geography and Geology/Mathematics (Pure & Applied).
Course Description for Agriculture:
We are working on a course description for this course. But if you’re willing to add a description for us, Click here
Where can I work with a Degree in Agriculture?
Having a Degree in Agriculture does not limit you to a particular work environment. Career opportunities will be added when we revisit this page.
The general WAEC, NECO or GCE core subject combination for Agriculture have been listed above but, some Universities may accept Pass in lieu of Credit. And some may accept or reject the combinations of WAEC, NECO, or GCE results. You will know more when you take a look at the special requirement.
What is Direct Entry Special Requirement (Waiver) for Agriculture?
(i) ABSU and UNIMAID accept OND (Agriculture) into 100 level programme. (200 level for EDSU).
(ii) IBBU (LAPAI) and UNILORIN require ‘A’ level pass in both Chemistry and Biology.
(iii) UNIMAID, University of Ibadan (UI) and AAU, University of Ibadan (UI) (merit level) accept NCE with Agric double major.
(iv) IMSU – Accepts ND/NCE (Double Major) or HND in Agriculture or related discipline with at least a merit pass into 200 level and HND (Upper) into 300 level.
(v) UDU, and ABU accept ND (distinction), HND (credit), NCE (double major) at credit level in Agriculture. UDU accepts ND (Upper credit) and HND (Lower credit)
(vi) University of Ibadan (UI) and UMUDIKE accept OND/HND in the related fields. University of Ibadan (UI) Agricultural candidates must apply to read Agriculture Until 500 level when options will be available.
(vii) AAU accepts Chemistry, Biology or Agriculture at ‘A’ level and OND (Upper credit) in Agricultural Science and HND (Agric) not below credit pass.
(viii) EBSU and UMUDIKE accept OND/ND (Distinction/Credit), HND credit into 200 level while those with OND/ND (lower credit) NCE (Double Major) at credit/merit level in Agric are admitted into 100 level.
(x) UMUDIKE requires ‘A’ level pass in Chemistry and Biology/Botany/Zoology/Agricultural Science
(xi) UNILORIN accepts OND/NCE credit pass in Agriculture into 200 level while those with HND may be admitted into 300 level.
(xii) IBBU (LAPAI) and DELSU accept OND (Upper credit) in Agric. plus five relevant credit passes at O/level.
(xiii) BIU accept OND/NCE with distinction or credits into 200 level.
(xiv) EKSU requires a minimum of credit pass in Physics and accepts ND (Upper credit pass) in Agric related field. Forestry Assistant Certificate from IITA, Ibadan or any other relevant Higher Institution.
(xv) UNILORIN accepts NCE (Merit grade) in Biology, Chemistry or Agriculture. Also accepts National Diploma in Banking/Finance, Business Management (Merit grade) plus UTME requirements.
(xvi) KUST accepts NCE/HND (Merit) ND in Chemistry/Biology (Upper credit)/any relevant qualification.
(xvii) AAU accepts ND/NCE (credit) in Agricultural Science. Requires at least a pass in Physics.
(xviii) KSUSTA accepts NCE in Agriculture Science
(xix) UNILORIN accepts ND/NCE credit pass in Agriculture into 200 level while those with HND will be admitted into 300 level.
(xx) BOWEN accepts NCE/OND or approved equivalent in relevant fields, IJMB at acceptable levels. For Food Science and Technology at least a pass in Physics is required.
(xxi) BIU requires in addition to the O’ level requirements specified in the table above, a minimum of two relevant subjects passed at GCE Advanced level or NCE (3 merits) or National Diploma in relevant field not below credit level.
(xxii) ABU accepts (i) Two A level/IJMB passes in Chemistry and Biology/Botany/Zoology/Agric. Science, Economics, Physics, Geography and Geology/Mathematics (Pure & Applied). (ii) HND in Agriculture related field of study with a minimum of Credit Pass.
(xxiii) BUK (BAYERO) accepts a) National Diploma. b) NCE Agriculture (double major) c) NCE with Biology and Chemistry
(xxiv) FED-OYEEKITI accepts ND, NCE with good passes in Chemistry, Biology/Agricultural Science as well as credit at O’ level.
(xxv) ABUAD requires A’ level passes or its equivalent qualifications as approved by Senate in at least two subjects to include Biology and any of Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics.
What is WAEC, NECO, GCE, Special Requirement (Waiver) for Agriculture?
(i) University of Ibadan (UI) requires five credit passes including English Language, Biology,/Agric Sci, Chemistry, Mathematics and any one of Geography, Physics, and Economics
(ii) UMUDIKE accepts Five O’ level credit Passes in not more than two sittings to include: English Language, Mathematics, Chemistry, Biology, or Agricultural Science and any other science subjects. It also requires at least a Pass in Physics. A Credit in Agricultural Science must be backed up with at least a Pass in Biology
(iii) OOU, EKSU and UNILORIN accept a pass in Physics.
(iv) IMSU accepts a pass in Maths if a candidate has credit in Physics and vice versa.
(vi) ABU requires credits in Mathematics and Physics.
(vii) University of Ibadan (UI), EKSU and UNILORIN require credit in Agric Science and at least a pass in Biology.
(viii) UDU and AAU accept a pass in ‘O’ level English language.
(ix) IMSU may accept a pass in Maths if a candidate has credit in Physics and vice-versa.
(x) UNILORIN accepts a pass in Physics.
(xi) TASUED requires O’ Level credit pass in Agriculture Science with at least a pass in Biology.
(xii) BIU requires at least a pass in Physics.
(xiii) ABU requires five ‘O’ level credit passes to include English Language, Biology/Agric Science, Chemistry, Mathematics, Physics, Geography and Economics.
(xiv) BUK (BAYERO) requires five O’ Level Credit passes to include English Language, Biology/Agric Science, Chemistry and any one of Mathematics/Physics, Geography.
(xv) FED-WUKARI requires five O’ level credit Passes in not more than two sittings to include: English Language, Mathematics, Chemistry, Biology, or Agricultural Science and any of Physics, Geography and Economics.
(xvi) KSU requires five Credit passes at SSCE and/or GCE O/L in English Language, Mathematics, Chemistry, Biology or Agricultural Science, Economics or any other Science/Social science subject and a pass in Physics. A Credit in Agricultural Science must be backed up with at least a pass in Biology.
(xvii) FED-OYEEKITI requires credit pass in Physics and consideration can be given to candidates with credit pass in Mathematics and pass in Physics.
(xviii) BABCOCK requires Five ‘O’ Level credit passes to include English Language, Mathematics, Chemistry, Biology/Agriculture Science, Physics/Geography, Home Economics/Food &Nutrition.
(xix) ABUAD requires credit passes in English Language, Mathematics, Chemistry, Biology and Physics.
(xx) LANDMARK – Same as in Agricultural Economics
What is JAMB UTME Special Requirement (Waiver) for (Waiver) for Agriculture?
(i) UNILORIN, UDU and IMSU accept Economics or Geography in lieu of Physics/Mathematics.
(ii) IBBU (LAPAI) requires Chemistry, Physics and Biology
(iii) ABU requires Chemistry, Biology/Agriculture and Mathematics.
(iv) ABUAD requires Chemistry, Biology and Mathematics.
(v) LANDMARK – Same as in Agricultural Economics.
(vi) KSU requires Chemistry, Biology and any of Physics, Agricultural Science and Mathematics