Admission Requirement to Study Home Science and Management; including WAEC, NECO, GCE, JAMB UTME, Direct Entry, IJBM, JUPEB, CAMBRIDGE, NABTEB Subject Combinations, Course Description and Career Opportunities
To study this course in Nigeria Universities, you must fulfil the admission requirements which must include one or a combination of ‘O’ level results. This page will literally answer questions such as WAEC subject combination, JAMB UTME subject combination, Direct Entry requirements, Special consideration (waivers), Course description and the required documents for admission into Nigeria universities. And if you’re still having difficulties with getting admission in Nigeria, maybe it’s time you consider studying online or study abroad for free through scholarships
You must have Five credit in subjects needed to study Home Science and Management in WAEC. This subject combination is also applicable to NECO AND GCE… The core O level that is the compulsory WAEC subject combinations for Home Science and Management must include
- Biology/ Agric Science
- At least a pass in English and Physics.
- General Metal Work, General Wood Work, Building/Engineering Drawing, Furniture Design and Construction, Upholstery Design and Construction, Spray Painting and Period Furniture, Spinning, Weaving, Surface Design and Printing, Bleaching, Dyeing and Finishing and Basic Electricity
- A trade subject
What is JAMB UTME subject combinations (subject needed) for Home Science and Management?
You should aim for a score of 200 and above in JAMB UTME to be on a safe side. (Just an advice). If you score 180 and above in this recent JAMB UTME- All is well with you, but if your score is below 180, Please consider College or Polytechnic. Don’t expect JAMB score upgrade. White collar Scammers are everywhere. JAMB UTME subject combination (subject needed) for Home Science and Management are
- Biology or Agriculture
- Mathematics or Physics
Two ‘A’ level passes or equivalents in Chemistry and Biology/Botany/Agric Science/ Economics/Physics/Math ematics/Geography/Accounting.
Just a reminder: Everything you have read so far is a general requirement, it is expedient that you also check the special consideration for this course below. If for some reasons you are not satisfied or cannot meet up with the subject combinations above, perhaps you should consider taking a look at Polytechnic or College of Education related course subject requirements. You can also study online with a foreign university right from your bedroom or apply for a scholarship to study abroad. Education is now a choice.
So now that you know the compulsory WAEC, JAMB subject combination for Home Science and Management, (which is also applicable to NECO and GCE) as well as A level result/certificate. Do you know which Universities in Nigeria offer Home Science and Management?
Before you make a decision on which University to choose, please consider
- The Fees
- The Distance
- The Environment
- The Degree Certificate
- Vulnerability to Strike
- Acceptable O Level and A level Result
- Academic Calendar
[##]See useful guides on how to choose a course and university
Nigeria Universities offering Home Science and Management are
- Kogi State University Anyigba
- Federal University of Agriculture, Abeokuta (FUNAAB) with options in: (i) Home & Furniture Design (ii) Child Dev. & Family Studies (iii) Clothing & Textile (iv) Rural Dev. & Extension.
- Nasarawa State University Keffi (NSUK)
- University of Agriculture, Makurdi
- River State University of Science and Technology (RSUST)
Course Description for Home Science and Management:
We are still working on a number of things. We will add a description for this course later on. But if you’re willing to add a description, we will appreciate.
Where can I work with a Degree in Home Science and Management?
Having a Degree in Home Science and Management does not limit you to a particular work environment. Career opportunities will be added when we revisit this page.
The general WAEC, NECO or GCE core subject combination for Home Science and Management has been listed above but, some Universities may accept Pass in some a compulsory subject instead of Credit. And some may accept or reject two sittings. That is combinations of WAEC, NECO, or GCE results. You will know more when you take a look at the special consideration (waiver) for this course if available. Please take note that when you see Check, it simply means the special consideration for this course had been merge with a related course to save space. So it is advisable to click the link or search with the search bar.
- Study Home Economics and Food Management -Under Agriculture
- Requirements to Study Home Economics
- Study Home and Hotel Management
- Study Food Science and Business – Under Agriculture
- Study Hospitality and Tourism Management – Under Agriculture
- Study Family, Nutrition and Consumer Science
- Study Hotel Management and Tourism – Under Agriculture