Admission Requirement to Study Fisheries – Under Agriculture; including WAEC, NECO, GCE, JAMB UTME, Direct Entry, IJBM, JUPEB, CAMBRIDGE, NABTEB Subject Combinations, Course Description and Career Opportunities
To study this course in Nigeria Universities, you must fulfil the admission requirements which must include one or a combination of ‘O’ level results. This page will literally answer questions such as WAEC subject combination, JAMB UTME subject combination, Direct Entry requirements, Special consideration (waivers), Course description and the required documents for admission into Nigeria universities. And if you’re still having difficulties with getting admission in Nigeria, maybe it’s time you consider studying online or study abroad for free through scholarships
You must have Five credit in subjects needed to study Fisheries in WAEC. This subject combination is also applicable to NECO AND GCE… The core O level that is the compulsory WAEC subject combinations for Fisheries must include:
What is JAMB UTME subject combinations (subject needed) for Fisheries and Fisheries Technology?
You should aim for a score of 200 and above in JAMB UTME to be on a safe side. (Just an advice). If you score 180 and above in this recent JAMB UTME- All is well with you, but if your score is below 180, Please consider College or Polytechnic. Don’t expect JAMB score upgrade. White collar Scammers are everywhere. JAMB UTME subject combination (subject needed) for Fisheries are
- Biology/Agricultural Science
- Any other Science subject
(i) Two ‘A’ level passes in any of Chem, Bio, Botany, Zoology, Agric Sci, Geog, Mathematics, (Pure & applied) Physics, Geology and Economics.
Just a reminder: Everything you have read so far is a general requirement, it is expedient that you also check the special consideration for this course below. If for some reasons you are not satisfied or cannot meet up with the subject combinations above, perhaps you should consider taking a look at Polytechnic or College of Education related course subject requirements. You can also study online with a foreign university right from your bedroom or apply for a scholarship to study abroad. Education is now a choice.
So now that you know the compulsory WAEC, JAMB subject combination for Fisheries, (which is also applicable to NECO and GCE) as well as A level result/certificate. Do you know which Universities in Nigeria offer Fisheries?
Before you make a decision on which University to choose, please consider
- The Fees
- The Distance
- The Environment
- The Degree Certificate
- Vulnerability to Strike
- Acceptable O Level and A level Result
- Academic Calendar
[##]See useful guides on how to choose a course and university
Nigeria Universities offering Fisheries are:
- University of Benin (UNIBEN)
- University of Calabar (UNICAL)
- Cross River State University of Science &Technology, Calabar (CRUTECH)
- Delta State University, Abraka (DELSU)
- Kebbi State University, Kebbi
- Ibrahim Badamasi Babangida University, Lapai (IBBU)
- Lagos State University, Ojo (LASU)
- University of Maiduguri (UNIMAID)
- Nasarawa State University Keffi (NSUK)
- Olabisi Onabanjo University, Ago Iwoye
- Ondo State University of Science and Technology Okitipupa (OSUSTECH)
- University of Port-Harcourt (UNIPORT)
- Usumanu Danfodiyo University (UDUSOK)
- Modibbo Adama University of Technology, Yola (MAUTY)
- Kwara State University, Ilorin (KWASU)
Course Description for Fisheries
We are still working on a number of things. We will add a description for this course later on. But if you’re willing to add a description, we will appreciate.
Where can I work with a Degree in Fisheries?
Having a Degree in Fisheries does not limit you to a particular work environment. Career opportunities will be added when we revisit this page.
The general WAEC, NECO or GCE core subject combination for Fisheries have been listed above but, some Universities may accept Pass in some a compulsory subject instead of Credit. And some may accept or reject two sittings. That is combinations of WAEC, NECO, or GCE results. You will know more when you take a look at the special consideration (waiver) for this course if available. Please take note that when you see Check, it simply means the special consideration for this course had been merge with a related course to save space. So it is advisable to click the link or search with the search bar.
- Requirements to Study Agricultural Economics
- WAEC, JAMB Subject Combinations for Agronomy
- WAEC, JAMB Subject Combinations for Forestry
- WAEC, JAMB Subject Combinations for Soil Science
- WAEC, JAMB Subject Combinations for Crop Production
- Study Fisheries and Aquaculture – Under Agriculture
- Requirements to Study Wildlife Management – Under Agriculture