Last updated on April 8th, 2018 at 05:13 am
Admission Requirement to Study Agric-Economics and Extension; including WAEC, NECO, GCE, JAMB UTME, Direct Entry, IJBM, JUPEB, CAMBRIDGE, NABTEB Subject Combinations, Course Description and Career Opportunities
To study this course in Nigeria Universities, you must fulfil the admission requirements which must include one or a combination of ‘O’ level results. This page will literally answer questions such as WAEC subject combination, JAMB UTME subject combination, Direct Entry requirements, Special consideration (waivers), Course description and the required documents for admission into Nigeria universities. And if you’re still having difficulties with getting admission in Nigeria, maybe it’s time you consider studying online or study abroad for free through scholarships
You must have Five credit in subjects needed to study Agric-Economics and Extension in WAEC. This subject combination is also applicable to NECO AND GCE… The core O level that is the compulsory WAEC subject combinations for Agric-Economics and Extension must include:
- English Language
- Biology/Agricultural Science
- One of Geography, Physics and Economics
- A trade subject
What is JAMB UTME subject combinations (subject needed) for Agric-Economics and Extension?
You should aim for a score of 200 and above in JAMB UTME to be on a safe side. (Just an advice). If you score 180 and above in this recent JAMB UTME- All is well with you, but if your score is below 180, Please consider College or Polytechnic. Don’t expect JAMB score upgrade. White collar Scammers are everywhere. JAMB UTME subject combination (subject needed) for Agric-Economics and Extension are
- Biology/ Agricultural Science
- Mathematics or Physics.
Two ‘A’ level passes in Chemistry and one of Zoology/Botany/Agricultu ral Science/Biology, Geography, Mathematics, Physics, Geology, Economics and Health Science.
Just a reminder: Everything you have read so far is a general requirement, it is expedient that you also check the special consideration for this course below. If for some reasons you are not satisfied or cannot meet up with the subject combinations above, perhaps you should consider taking a look at Polytechnic or College of Education related course subject requirements. You can also study online with a foreign university right from your bedroom or apply for a scholarship to study abroad. Education is now a choice.
So now that you know the compulsory WAEC, JAMB subject combination for Agric-Economics and Extension, (which is also applicable to NECO and GCE) as well as A level result/certificate. Do you know which Universities in Nigeria offer Agric-Economics and Extension ?
Before you make a decision on which University to choose, please consider
- The Fees
- The Distance
- The Environment
- The Degree Certificate
- Vulnerability to Strike
- Acceptable O level and A level Result
- Academic Calendar
[##]See useful guides on how to choose a course and university
According to 2017/2018 JAMB UTME Brochure, Only Federal University of Agriculture, Abeokuta (FUNAAB) offers Agric-Economics and Extension are:
- Ambrose Alli University, Ekpoma
- Abia State University, Uturu
- Adamawa State University Mubi (ADSU)
- Chukwuemeka Odumegwu Ojukwu University, Uli
- Akwa Ibom State University of Technology, Uyo (offers the course with the following options) i. Agricultural Economics ii. Agricultural Extension
- Bauchi State University, Gadau
- Bayero University, Kano
- University of Calabar (UNICAL)
- Ebonyi State University, Abakaliki
- Enugu State University of Science and Technology, Enugu (ESUT)
- Joseph Ayo Babalola University, Ikeji-Arakeji
- Ibrahim Badamasi Babangida University, Lapai (IBBU)
- Ladoke Akintola University of Technology, Ogbomoso (LAUTECH)
- University of Agriculture, Makurdi (offers the course as Agric. Economics and Management Tech. with options in 🙂 i. Agric. Economics and Extension ii. Agric. Extension and Communication iii. Agribusiness Management iv. Agrimarketing and Cooperatives)
- Federal University of Technology, Minna (FUTMINNA)
- Nasarawa State University Keffi (NSUK)
- University of Port-Harcourt (UNIPORT)
- River State University of Science and Technology (RSUST)
- Taraba State University, Jalingo (TSUJ)
- Ekiti State University
- University of Uyo
- Modibbo Adama University of Technology, Yola (MAUTY)
Course Description for Agric-Economics and Extension:
We are still working on a number of things. We will add a description for this course later on. But if you’re willing to add a description, we will appreciate.
Where can I work with a Degree in Agric-Economics and Extension?
Having a Degree in Agric-Economics and Extension does not limit you to a particular work environment. Career opportunities will be added when we revisit this page.
The general WAEC, NECO or GCE core subject combination for Agric-Economics and Extension have been listed above but, some Universities may accept Pass in some a compulsory subject instead of Credit. And some may accept or reject two sittings. That is combinations of WAEC, NECO, or GCE results. You will know more when you take a look at the special consideration (waiver) for this course if available. Please take note that when you see Check, it simply means the special consideration for this course had been merge with a related course to save space. So it is advisable to click the link or search with the search bar.
- Agric Extension and Communication Technology
- Study Agric- Extension and Rural Sociology
- Requirements to Study Agric Extension Services
- Study Agric Extension and Rural Development
- WAEC, JAMB Subject Combinations for Soil Science
- Study Agricultural Resources Extension
- Requirements to Study Agricultural Economics