Admission Requirement to Study Soil Science; including WAEC, NECO, GCE, JAMB UTME, Direct Entry, IJBM, JUPEB, CAMBRIDGE, NABTEB Subject Combinations, Course Description and Career Opportunities
To study this course in Nigeria Universities, you must fulfil the admission requirements which must include one or a combination of ‘O’ level results. This page will literally answer questions such as WAEC subject combination, JAMB UTME subject combination, Direct Entry requirements, Special consideration (waivers), Course description and the required documents for admission into Nigeria universities. And if you’re still having difficulties with getting admission in Nigeria, maybe it’s time you consider studying online or study abroad for free through scholarships
You must have Five credit in subjects needed to study Soil Science in WAEC. This subject combination is also applicable to NECO AND GCE… The core O level that is the compulsory WAEC subject combinations for Soil Science must include:
- English Language
- Biology/Agricultural Science
- Any other Science subject.
- A trade subject
What is JAMB UTME subject combinations (subject needed) for Soil Science?
The subject needed in WAEC to study Soil Science may differ from JAMB UTME subject combination. You should aim for a score of 200 and above in JAMB UTME to be on a safe side. (Just an advice). If you score 180 and above in this recent JAMB UTME- All is well with you, but if your score is below 180, Please consider College or Polytechnic. Don’t expect JAMB score upgrade. White collar Scammers are everywhere. JAMB UTME subject combination (subject needed) for Soil Science are
Two ‘A’ level passes in Chemistry and one of Zoology/Botany/Agric Science/Biology, Geography, Mathematics, Physics, Geology, Economics and Health Science
Which Nigeria Universities offer Soil Science?
The following Nigeria Universities offers Soil Science:
- Ambrose Alli University, Ekpoma
- Abia State University, Uturu
- Akwa Ibom State University of Technology, Uyo
- Chukwuemeka Odumegwu Ojukwu University, Uli
- University of Benin (UNIBEN)
- University of Calabar (UNICAL)
- Delta State University, Abraka (DELSU)
- Imo State University, Owerri (IMSU)
- University of Agriculture, Makurdi
- Modibbo Adama University of Technology, Yola (MAUTY)
- Obafemi Awolowo University,Ile-Ife (OAU)
- River State University of Science and Technology (RSUST)
- Salem University, Lokoja
- Michael Okpara University of Agricultural Umudike
- University of Nigeria, Nsukka (UNN)
- University of Uyo
Course Description for Soil Science:
We are still working on a number of things. We will add a description for this course later on. But if you’re willing to add a description, we will appreciate.
Where can I work with a Degree in Soil Science?
Having a Degree in Soil Science does not limit you to a particular work environment. Career opportunities will be added when we revisit this page.
The general WAEC, NECO or GCE core subject needed for Soil Science have been listed above but, some Universities may accept Pass in some a compulsory subject instead of Credit. And some may accept or reject two sittings. That is combinations of WAEC, NECO, or GCE results. You will know more when you take a look at the special consideration (waiver) for this course if available. Please take note that when you see Check, it simply means the special consideration for this course had been merge with a related course to save space. So it is advisable to click the link or search with the search bar.
- Requirements to Study Soil Science and Technology
- Study Soil Science and Land Management
- Soil and Environmental Management
- Requirements to Study Wildlife Management – Under Agriculture
- WAEC, JAMB Subject Combinations for Agriculture
- Requirements to Study Agric Extension Services
- WAEC, JAMB Subject Combinations for Crop Production